Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety Deploys New TASER X26P Smart Weapons
Richmond County Sheriff's Office Orders TASER X2 Smart Weapons
SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- TASER (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced several significant orders for more than 409 TASER® Smart Weapon Platforms and 955 TASER X26 Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs) along with various related equipment.
Smart TASER CEW Orders
- Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety (CA) order for 210 TASER X26P CEWs
- Richmond County Sheriff's Office (GA) order for 136 TASER X2 CEWs
- Tulsa Police Department (OK) order for 33 X2s
- Garfield County Sheriff's Office (CO) order for 30 X2s
TASER X26 CEW Orders
- United Kingdom orders for 100 X26s, 16,000 TASER cartridges and 6,000 XDPMs
- U.S. Army order for 500 X26s
- Philadelphia Police Department, PA order for 225 X26s
- Unnamed federal (U.S.) law enforcement agency order for 130 X26s and 24,720 TASER cartridges
These orders are expected to ship in the first half of 2013.
"We continue to see building momentum as agencies upgrade to our new TASER Smart Weapon Platforms for enhanced performance, ruggedness, safety and analytics," said Rick Smith, CEO and founder of TASER International. "The continuing expansion of TASER programs in the United Kingdom was dramatically demonstrated by a video of an X26 used by Metropolitan Police to safely subdue a man armed with two knives in front of Buckingham Palace."
"Many agencies are able to expand and upgrade their capabilities through our 2013 TASER Smart Weapon upgrade program and our new TASER Protection Plan (TPP) which enables agencies to spread payments out over a five-year period," concluded Mr. Smith.
TASER Webpage Links
- X2 Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/x2-press-images/
- X2 Videos: http://www.taserbranding.com/x2-videos/
- TASER X26P Images: http://www.taserbranding.com/x26p-press-images/
- TASER X26P Videos: http://www.taserbranding.com/x26p-videos/
- TASER Protection Plan: http://info.taser.com/tpp.html
- A TASER press kit is available at: http://www.taser.com/press-kit
- Brazilian Website: http://br.taser.com/
- French Website: http://fr.taser.com/
- New German Website: http://de.taser.com/
- New United Kingdom Website: http://uk.taser.com/
TASER Social Media Links
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- TASER Blog: http://blog.taser.com/
- TASER YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/taserinternational1
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OfficialTASER
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER protects life. TASER Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs) have saved more than 100,000 lives from potential death or serious injury. We enable greater transparency with the industry-leading TASER CAM and AXONFlex on-officer video systems. Together with our customers, we are defining the future of smart policing by connecting intelligent devices and sensors with the first secure cloud-based digital evidence management solution for law enforcement: EVIDENCE.com.
Since 1994, more than 255,000 private individuals have relied on TASER technology to protect themselves and their loved ones. Learn more about TASER and its solutions at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X26, TASER X26P, and TASER X2 are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2222919
Vice President of Communications
TASER International, Inc.
Media ONLY Hotline: (480) 444-4000