Research and Markets: PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines United Kingdom - Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
by Business Wire
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8964xt/pharmapoint) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis" to their offering.
Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough. The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of the market. However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's Fluzone IntraDermal, GlobalData projects a dramatic shift favoring the adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines. GlobalData also anticipates that manufacturers that launch quadrivalent formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
The British influenza vaccine market is valued at approximately $70.4 million in 2012. The expected drivers of growth include the recently announced influenza vaccine subsidies for children, launch of quadrivalent influenza vaccines and an increase in the elderly population.
The market leader is GSK's Fluarix. Fluarix has established itself atop the British influenza vaccine market due to GSK's home-field advantage, Fluarix's history of safe and effective use (available in UK since 1988), and Fluarix's low cost (almost 10% cheaper than the average cost of its competitors). GSK is expected to increase its UK market share with the introduction of a quadrivalent formulation of FluLaval in 2013.
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the UK including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the UK from 2012 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the UK seasonal influenza market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012 to 2022 in the UK.
Product Profiles - Major Brands
- Fluzone ID (Intradermal)
For more information visithttp://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8964xt/pharmapoint