Record breaking year for Hyundai
(PRWEB) February 21, 2013
Record breaking year for Hyundai
- All-time annual sales record for Hyundai Motor Company Australia
- Hyundai finishes 2012 fourth overall for vehicle sales in Australia
- Veloster is the number one selling sports car in Australia for 2012
A record December sales result for Hyundai of 7,744 units, an increase of +13% YOY, resulted in an 8.1% market share for the month. Passenger car sales of 5,631 units placed Hyundai third with an 11.1% market share, while in terms of annual passenger car sales Hyundai overtook Mazda for a ranking of third behind Toyota and Holden, with 69,427 units and a 12% market share.
As Australia’s No.1 selling sports car, the Hyundai Veloster continued its unbroken streak, taking first place in the competitive Sports <$80k segment for the eleventh consecutive month, achieved 28.9% market share for December. Selling more than double its nearest rival, annual total sales for Veloster of 4,107 units equated to 25.9% market share for the year.
December produced a swag of top three sales results for the brand achieving five second places in Light Car, People Mover, Sports Car, Small SUV and Van segments, and third place in the Small Car segment.
Hyundai Motor Company Australia December highlights include:
- Veloster ranked first in the Sports <$80k segment, posting a sales result of 449 units and a segment share of 23%
- The ix35 ranked second in the SUV Small <$40k segment achieving 1,051 vehicle sales and a segment share of 21%
- The iLoad ranked second in the Van/CC 2.5-3.5t segment posting a sales result of 514 units and a segment share of 35.4%
- The i20 ranked third in the Light Car <$25k segment achieving 1,182 vehicle sales and a segment share of 10.2%
- The i30 ranked third in the Small Car <440k segment, posting a sales result of 2,250 units and a segment share of 10.8%
“Hyundai has had the right products for Australian customers in 2012,” said John Elsworth, Chief Operating Officer, Hyundai Motor Company Australia, “and this is reflected in another outstanding sales result for the year. We listen carefully to what our customers want, and deliver the goods via a dedicated and extremely talented national dealer network. Beating Ford is a fantastic way to finish what has arguably been one of the busiest years for the brand since it first started selling cars locally in 1986."
In the U.S., Hyundai Motor America announced an all-time record breaking year-end result with total sales of 703,007 units. The company also recorded a best ever December month-end sales result with 59,435 cars sold representing a +17% year-on-year increase for the same period. Hyundai sales were up +9% versus 2011 in both retail and total sales for the year.
Two models, the i45 (sold as Sonata in U.S.) and the Elantra both finished in the Top 10 in car retail sales and achieved 200k+ annual unit sales. The i45, Elantra, Veloster, Genesis, and Equus models all had ‘best-ever’ sales years since either respective launches.
Hyundai Motor Company recorded a December 2012 global sales result of 391,152 units, an increase of +5.4% for the same period in 2011. Overall Hyundai Motor Company recorded an annual sales result for 2012 of just over 4.4 million vehicles, representing an increase of +8.6% compared to 2011.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/hyundai/01/prweb10300197.htm