Power Distribution, Inc. Amps Overhead Busway Energy Distribution
Upgraded PowerWave Bus System Brings Higher Density and Flexibility to World's Leading Power Distribution Equipment
RICHMOND, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/12/12 -- Continuing to charge its presence in the energy distribution marketplace, Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI) today announced significant upgrades to the company's premier overhead busway power distribution system. PDI is a Smiths Interconnect business and leading provider of mission-critical power distribution equipment for data centers, alternative energy, industrial and commercial power markets.
Available immediately, the updated PowerWave Bus System now introduces 600 and 800 amp capacity -- addressing the industry's growing demands for higher density and design flexibility. The PowerWave system with Toughrail Technology offers a complete line of fully compatible, continuous opening, plug-in busway -- safely distributing power for any critical application.
According to recent analyst reports, typical data centers waste as much as 30 times the amount of electricity used to carry out basic infrastructure functions. PDI's PowerWave solution is specifically designed to address this waste and ensure more efficient energy distribution and usage.
"The fact of the matter is, data centers are typically viewed as energy hogs -- consuming nearly two percent of all energy used in the United States," said Dave Mulholland, Vice President of Marketing, Service at PDI. "Our PowerWave system is architected to drive efficient power usage -- helping create highly-efficient data centers. The upgraded PowerWave solution takes this one step further -- meeting increasing demands for higher density."
PDI's structured bus design incorporates key patent-pending features driven by the company's integrated communications technology. Businesses across the globe are increasingly turning to PDI for its market-leading ability to provide:
- Reliability: Tested at up to 200 percent of rating.
- Traceability: Clearly defined distribution with zero footprint for easy, visible tracing of circuits.
- Re-Configurability: Easily removed, re-used, or moved in its entirety.
- Low Heat Source: Reduced power concentration within the busway system for distributed heat dissipation.
- Tap Off Units: Continuous bus allows for distribution of power tap off points at any location along the system, with tap offs added or removed at any time. Tap offs are added as servers populate the racks.
- Load Specific: Tap Off Units are 100 percent configurable to meet all load demands and specific load requirements, including monitoring down to the branch circuit level.
- Visual Installation Indicators: The system is developed with visible installation features for users to check that the configuration is securely installed prior to commissioning and start-up.
- Communications: Optional integrated communication provides all features in the power distribution unit or remote power panels without the footprint, and with complete integration into several different PDI monitoring solutions including a cloud based system.
Today's announcement comes on the heels of the company's growing success in the U.S. and international markets. Due to increased demand, PDI has announced a new international Web site dedicated to the PowerWave Bus System that translates into seven different languages with an additional 50 languages available. The site will be used to share new product information and the address is http://powerwavebus.com.
About Power Distribution, Inc.
Founded in 1978, PDI is a leading provider of power distribution equipment and services. PDI, part of Smiths Interconnect, is headquartered out of Virginia with additional manufacturing and engineering facilities in California and Michigan. The PDI, Marelco, and Onyx Power branded products cover a wide range of customized power solutions for data centers, wind, solar and other alternative energy, commercial, and industrial applications.
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect is a leader in technically differentiated electronic and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical systems for the wireless telecommunications, aerospace, defence, space, medical, rail, test and industrial markets. It is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2149831
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2149835
Media relations contact:
BridgeView Marketing for PDI