Overland Storage Announces NEO 8000e Free Upgrade Program
Educational Resources Also Available to Make It Easier for Tape Customers to "Green" Their Data Center
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/17/12 -- Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL), the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle, today announced the NEO 8000e Free Upgrade program. Customers will receive 400 slots of tape storage capacity at no additional charge with the purchase of a 100-slot NEO 8000e system. In addition, educational resources are now available to assist customers in making their data centers more environmentally friendly through the use of backup and archive solutions. The award-winning NEO 8000e, Overland's fastest NEO E-Series tape library, minimizes power usage, reduces energy costs and lowers the ongoing cost of ownership of long-term data storage.
NEO 8000e Free Upgrade Program:
- Customers receive 400 slots of tape storage capacity for free with the purchase of a 100-slot NEO 8000e.
- Promotion expires on June 30, 2012.
Free Educational Resources to Make Data Centers More Eco-Friendly
- Building a "Green" Backup and Archive Solution Brief: Learn how to reduce your data center's carbon footprint.
- Building a "Green" Backup and Archive Solution Webcast: Explore how to create a green backup and archive solution.
NEO 8000e - the "Green" Solution for Backup and Archiving
Built on Overland's patented NEO architecture, NEO 8000e offers 7x the capacity and performance in the same footprint as other tape libraries and is designed as a "green" backup and archive solution for the energy efficient datacenter. Delivering enterprise class features including expansion for up to 3PB of storage capacity, high performance transfer rates up to 24TB/hr, and high availability features necessary for backup and archiving of mission critical data, the NEO 8000e also offers the following eco-friendly features:
- Power Optimization: The power supplies are designed to draw only the necessary amount of energy for robotic operation.
- Low Power Consumption: Consumes less power and requires less cooling than other enterprise libraries on the market.
- Dense Form Factor: With the ability to store up to 1.5PB of data in less than 7 square feet, the NEO 8000e enables data center floor space to shrink by 86 percent.
About Overland Storage
Overland Storage is the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle. By providing an integrated range of technologies and services for primary, nearline, offline, archival, and cloud data storage, Overland makes it easy and cost effective to manage different tiers of information over time. Whether distributed data is across the hall or across the globe, Overland enables companies to focus on building their business instead of worrying about data growth. Overland SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series and REO Series solutions are available through a select network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information, visit www.overlandstorage.com.
Overland Storage, NEO, NEO Series, SnapServer, SnapSAN, REO Series and the Overland logo are trademarks Overland Storage, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.