Oracle Completes Acquisition of ATG
Senior Executives to Unveil Product Strategy via Webcast Presentation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/05/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) -
- Oracle today announced that it has completed the acquisition of Art Technology Group (ATG), Inc.
- With the addition of ATG, Oracle can now provide best-in-class cross-channel CRM, Retail and Commerce that enables unified marketing, merchandising, service and order management, supply chain, and a seamless, personalized customer experience.
- To communicate product strategy for the combined Oracle and ATG products, the company will host a webcast presentation, which will be available beginning at 9:00am PT on January 6, 2011.
- Further information and an overview of the Oracle and ATG combination, including a replay of the webcast, will be available at Booth #619 at the upcoming National Retail Federation Conference & Expo, January 10-11, 2011 at the Jacob K. Javitz Center in New York City.
- "Companies require an integrated solution that can help them unify commerce across all interaction channels, including online, in stores, via mobile devices and with call centers," said Thomas Kurian, Executive vice president, Oracle Development. "The combination of technologies from Oracle and ATG provides consistent cross-channel interactions, unified service, and an improved customer experience all built on an industry standard middleware platform."
- "Managing interactions across multiple channels while creating a seamless customer experience is a must in today's retail environment," said Fred Grover, Executive Vice President, AEO Direct and Brand Marketing. "We see significant value in a single, integrated Oracle/ATG solution that unifies online and offline merchandising and automates cross-channel operations."
- "As a customer of both Oracle and ATG, we view the integration of the two companies as a natural fit," said Kevin Cunnington, Global Head of Online, Vodafone Group. "We look forward to new efficiencies that address our online and cross-channel business strategies and help us further provide superior customer experiences."
- "Oracle has already assembled quite a few key components to the new connected commerce offering with robust CRM, merchandising, analytics, inventory management, etc. and with this addition to its portfolio extends the platform significantly. In particular, ATG adds a robust platform that works across online, in store and mobile channels creating the new omni-channel commerce offering." -Michael Fauscette, Group Vice President, Software Business Solutions, IDC.
- "Oracle's acquisition of ATG is important for current Oracle Retail users who've been contemplating an eCommerce refresh, but it also creates an opportunity for the mid-market, with end-to-end-to-end-to-end solutions available from a single vendor. Oracle is assembling a stunning suite of retail products." -Paula Rosenblum, Managing Partner, RSR Research.
- "eCommerce sits at the gateway for Social CRM, Mobile, and Cloud. Companies now realize the need to consolidate multi-channel efforts onto common platforms. ATG gives Oracle one of the leading eCommerce platforms." -R "Ray" Wang, Principal Analyst and CEO, Constellation Research.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.