Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management Drives Improved Care Coordination and Quality
Innovative Healthcare Offering Enables Operational Intelligence with Real-Time Alerting
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today introduced Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management, a rapidly deployable operational intelligence solution for healthcare that enhances care coordination, improves quality and enhances patient safety.
This solution leverages existing investments in applications, industry standards like HL7 and messaging interfaces between systems. It monitors real-time operational data to identify opportunities where care coordination can be improved. By delivering real-time alerts to appropriate caregivers, it is possible to intervene proactively to enhance care coordination and improve patient safety. Also, since this solution operates at the point of patient interaction, healthcare organizations can at last enable more effective front line care behavior. As a result, they can reduce avoidable readmissions and penalties and improve enforcement of medical and business best practices.
Informatica's Proactive Decision Management for Healthcare is distinct from conventional, after-the fact alerting and decision support solutions. Built on the Informatica Platform, this solution leverages the flexible Informatica RulePoint and B2B Data Exchange technologies. It uniquely:
- Works across applications inside and outside the enterprise
- Operates on data in motion vs. persisted data
- Works with existing infrastructure and industry standards
- Empowers business users to quickly create customized alerts
"Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management provides an innovative approach to healthcare decision support in the way it delivers real-time alerts to care providers and other front-line staff that spans disparate applications and organizations" said Richard Cramer, chief healthcare strategist, Informatica. "Data warehousing enables analysis of what has happened in the past, and predictive modeling tells you what is likely to happen in the future. Neither of these approaches is sufficient in and of itself. Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management complements these techniques to deliver a more immediate impact, telling you what's happening right now, so you can take fast, appropriate action. Relevant information is pushed to users instead of them having to seek it out and alerts are delivered to where they can have the greatest effect."
Use Cases Across the Care Continuum
Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management can be implemented in a matter of weeks and can be easily configured to support a wide range of use cases simultaneously. Examples include:
- Readmissions reduction - If a discharged patient returns to the emergency room within a given number of days, or if a new patient shows signs of readmittance risk, caregivers can be alerted immediately so they can take appropriate care actions to help avoid an unnecessary readmission and the associated financial penalties.
- Follow-up support intervention - If a discharged patient is instructed to schedule a follow-up visit with a primary physician or to take certain medication, Informatica Proactive Monitoring for Healthcare can alert staff when a patient fails to accomplish a required task to help ensure compliance.
- Unsafe hospital discharge avoidance - Staffers can be alerted when a patient is being discharged prematurely, e.g.: when test results still are outstanding, etc.
- "Frequent flyer" care optimization - Appropriate care specialists can be quickly notified and care resources aligned on the admittance of frequent service users, who often have serious medical issues.
"We recently implemented Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management," said George Brenckle, PhD, senior vice president and chief information officer at UMass Memorial Healthcare. "The solution continually monitors our live data streams in real-time, identifying clinical and administrative events and gaps that can contribute to avoidable readmissions. It's not just prohibitively expensive, but also futile to attempt this kind of detective work manually in today's healthcare environments."
Enabling Operational Intelligence for Healthcare Challenges
Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management identifies events and patterns in data across systems and distribute notifications in real-time to individuals, smart devices or other systems. With this solution, Informatica is providing an industry-specific solution that accelerates time-to-value for healthcare customers while simultaneously preserving the power and flexibility of the RulePoint technology to address additional scenarios.
Advantages for Industry Stakeholders
In addition to benefiting healthcare providers, Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Managementenables opportunities for:
- Health Plans - Health plans can collaborate more closely with providers and provide operational intelligence to provider clients as a distinguishing value-added service.
- Healthcare Technology Companies - Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) vendors can differentiate their offerings by adding Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management to their solution stack without incremental development effort.
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integrationsoftware. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management, Informatica Platform, Informatica RulePoint, Informatica B2B Data Exchange andInformatica Complex Event Processing are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org