Informatica Cloud Spring 2013 Brings the Most Comprehensive Integration Capabilities to the Cloud
Introduces Cloud Data Masking, Cloud Workflow, Advanced Security and Administration Options, Plus Cloud Data Quality, Master Data Management and Platform Enhancements
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today introduced Informatica Cloud Spring 2013, the latest release of its award-winning Informatica Cloud family of cloud-based integration and data management applications.
Powered by the industry's leading integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS), Informatica Cloud Spring 2013 delivers:
- A new Informatica Cloud Data Masking service to reduce the risk of data breaches during application development and testing.
- A new Informatica Cloud Extend workflow service for advanced business process creation and management in the cloud.
- Enterprise-class cloud integration security and administration enhancements.
- Expanded cloud contact validation and master data management (MDM) applications.
- New Cloud Connectors and Get it Now Cloud Integration Templates on Informatica Marketplace.
Cloud Data Masking: Securing Sensitive Data during Development and Test
Informatica Cloud Spring 2013 brings the first comprehensive software as a service (SaaS) solution for protecting data privacy in application development and test (sandbox) environments. Delivering the market leading Informatica Persistent Data Masking technology as a self-service, wizard-based cloud application, Informatica Cloud Data Masking empowers organizations to:
- Reuse industry-proven, pre-built data masking algorithms that ensure test data is de-identified, yet realistic, with SaaS applications and cloud test environments.
- Quickly define custom data masking rules to flexibly support specific security, privacy and testing requirements.
- Ensure that masking rules are consistently applied both on-premise and in the cloud.
Advanced Cloud Workflow, Process Creation and Management
Informatica Cloud Spring 2013 delivers Informatica Cloud Extend, technologies that Informatica obtained through the acquisition of Active Endpoints to deliver powerful workflow capabilities for salesforce.com customers. Available today on the AppExchange, this cloud-based application enables sales, marketing and support professionals to:
- Encapsulate and automate best practices across business processes and human workflows.
- Create and maintain workflows composed of data in Salesforce CRM and other applications in the cloud or on-premise.
- Take advantage of guidance trees, a new programming paradigm for non-programmers, to create and publish business process workflows users can access in Salesforce screens, websites and mobile devices.
Enterprise-Class Cloud Integration Enhancements
Informatica Cloud Spring 2013 delivers new security and administration features that support broader cloud integration deployments and strengthen IT governance and control. These include:
- Hybrid Security Options for Storing Connection Credentials - Informatica Cloud customers now have the option to store connection credentials (e.g., username, password, security token, etc.) on-premise, behind the firewall or in the cloud.
- Org-Level Blackouts - Extending Informatica Cloud's fine-grained access controls, administrators now have the ability to define blackout periods during which no integration, replication or data quality jobs will run, thus strengthening IT control and simplifying the management of upgrades.
- Over 20 Crowd-sourced Features added through direct requests and posts on the Informatica Cloud Ideas Site.
Expanded Cloud Data Quality and Master Data Management
Informatica Cloud Spring 2013 furthers Informatica's leadership in cloud data quality and MDM. Advances include:
- Informatica Cloud MDM SalesforceMulti-Org Support - Salesforce.com customers can now standardize, cleanse and consolidate data from multiple instances of Salesforce (known as "orgs"), while tracking lineage back to the contributing orgs. Updated consolidation features allow Informatica Cloud MDM to have a reference back to the contributing org, enabling improved record standardization and deduplication, while also configuring rules to push the cleansed and standardized data back to the respective orgs.
- Informatica Cloud Contact Validation Service2.0 - Now Coding Accuracy Support System (CASS) certified by the United States Postal Service (USPS), the postal address and email validation service delivers increased accuracy and customers automatically qualify for significant USPS mailing discounts.
New Cloud Connectivity and Pre-built Integration Templates
With the Spring 2013 release, Informatica Cloud now has more than 50 Cloud Connectors and 30 Cloud Integration Templates built using Informatica Cloud iPaaS capabilities and available instantly through their respective Informatica Marketplace Malls.
- New Cloud Connectors available for 30-day trial on the Cloud Connector Marketplace Mall include Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft TFS, Oracle CRM On Demand and QuickBooks.
- Cloud Integration Templates are now available for Get it Now Trial on the Cloud Integration Template Marketplace Mall. New Cloud Integration Templates include the ability to rapidly load data warehouse dimension tables, utilities for date/time conversions, data type manipulation and sequence number generation and pre-built data cleansing rules.
All Informatica Cloud integration customers will be upgraded to the Spring 2013 release on February 23, 2013. Details are available on the Trust site. Informatica Cloud Data Masking is in pre-release. To register for the pre-release program, visit http://www.informaticacloud.com/cloud-data-masking.
- "There is an ever-increasing amount of data in the cloud that, just as with on-premise data, needs to be protected throughout its lifecycle," said Evan Quinn, senior principal analyst, ESG. "Informatica's data masking service allows enterprises to easily secure this information and take advantage of the many benefits associated with SaaS and support hybrid IT without introducing unnecessary risk."
- "We are delighted to continue our rapid pace of innovation in cloud integration with the addition of Informatica Cloud Data Masking and Informatica Cloud Extend taking their place alongside Informatica Cloud applications for data integration, data quality and master data management," said Juan Carlos Soto, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Integration, Informatica. "This is in line with Informatica's 'Cloud for All' strategy designed to bring the most comprehensive integration capabilities to the cloud to meet an ever-widening set of use cases to help customers unlock the full potential of their cloud services."
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integrationsoftware. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Cloud, PowerCenter, Informatica Cloud Data Masking, Informatica Cloud Extend, Informatica Persistent Data Masking and Informatica Marketplace are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com