Highly Integrated 18-Bit DAC from Maxim Integrated Provides Full Functionality and High Accuracy for Industrial Test and Measurement
by PR Newswire
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) introduces a highly integrated data converter that integrates all the external circuitry to make a high-precision voltage source for industrial test and measurement, factory automation, and process control. The new MAX5318 is a high-accuracy 18-bit DAC and is available now.
Maxim's solution integrates an output and reference buffer amplifier, essential functions that consume as many as three extra, external components in competitive designs. Maxim's integration saves the designer's development and debug time and minimizes space.
- The highest integration in an 18-bit DAC: includes output and reference buffers
- Optimized performance for industrial and instrumentation environments: very high accuracy (+/- 2LSB) over the -40°C to +105°C temp range
- Unmatched performance: negative supply option allows full INL and DNL performance down to 0V; competitive DACs only go down to 20mV to 30mV
- High precision signaling: fast settling time (3 microseconds)
- "Maxim's move into the 18-bit market is a smart one," said Susie Inouye, Principal Analyst of Databeans. "This segment is growing two to three times faster than any other DAC segment today."
- "Maxim's 18-bit DAC is a fast, simple, and low-cost solution for precision voltage sources in industrial and test system applications," said Michael Paiva, Senior Business Manager at Maxim Integrated. "With no external components, it offers designers a reduced development time for faster time-to-market."
Packaging, Availability, and Pricing:
- The MAX5318 is available in a 24-pin TSOP package.
- Pricing starts at $19.50 (1000-up, FOB USA).
About Maxim Integrated
At Maxim Integrated, we put analog together in a way that sets our customers apart. In Fiscal 2012, we reported revenues of $2.4 billion.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.