Fujitsu and Oracle Strengthen Decades-Long Relationship
Companies Extend SPARC Collaboration; Add Global Distribution Agreement Across Oracle Product Portfolio
TOKYO and REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/11 -- Fujitsu and Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) today announced that they are strengthening a multi-decade partnership with the extension of their SPARC development relationship, an expansive, new product distribution agreement and a commitment to further joint engineering, marketing and sales promotion efforts.
- Oracle and Fujitsu will advance joint engineering efforts to help ensure Oracle and Fujitsu products are optimized and tested to best run Oracle software in mission critical environments.
- The companies previously announced (December 2, 2010) a new unified enclosure design featuring logos of both companies for the Oracle and Fujitsu SPARC Enterprise M-series servers. Oracle and Fujitsu have also made available a roadmap of M-series servers that provides 15 times better performance in the next three years. These new developments will further ensure these milestones are met.
- Moving forward, sales teams from both Oracle and Fujitsu are now aligned to jointly sell SPARC Enterprise servers. This will help to ensure ongoing continuity while continuing to improve customer satisfaction.
- Additionally, Fujitsu signed a new Oracle PartnerNetwork distribution agreement giving Fujitsu the ability to resell and distribute Oracle products across the full Oracle portfolio. This permits Fujitsu to act as a systems integrator and solution provider for the overall Oracle stack.
- "Oracle's partnership with Fujitsu has never been stronger," said Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle. "We are entering a new phase with Fujitsu, aligning our engineering and worldwide distribution efforts with a focus on high-performance, highly-reliable systems."
- "I am very pleased that our partnership with Oracle continues to grow," said Masami Yamamoto, President of Fujitsu. "We believe our active partnership with Oracle, in addressing greater sales and services on a global scale, will produce a richer and more vibrant solution environment for our joint customers."
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit http://www.oracle.com.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries.
All SPARC trademarks are used under license and are trademarks of SPARC international, Inc. in the US and other countries. SPARC64 is a trademark of SPARC International, Inc. in the United States and other countries and used under license. Products bearing SPARC trademarks are based upon an architecture developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1504646
Public and Investor Relations Division