ForeScout Integrates Market Leading NAC with Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition to Address Enterprise BYOD Security Concerns
RSA CONFERENCE 2013, SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ForeScout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of real-time network security solutions for Global 1000 enterprises and government organizations, today announced that it has teamed with Citrix to deliver enhanced BYOD and mobile security to enterprises worldwide. The companies have integrated the Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition and ForeScout CounterACT network access control for unified visibility and comprehensive control across mobile devices, users, applications, data and network attributes.
"The acceptance of corporate-provisioned and personal mobile device use has a substantial impact on IT organizations. People want to use consumer devices in the office, are bringing their own devices to work and once the device is there, expect connectivity with business assets. Clearly, organizations must secure their data, but that is not exclusive of device, network and application control," said Scott Crawford, managing research director at Enterprise Management Associates. "By combining NAC with other security mechanisms, such as mobile device management, companies can better manage mobility risks by gaining pre-admission and post-admission mobile device intelligence and policy-based control."
"CounterACT's unique visibility and automated control serve as a foundational platform for network security and BYOD," said Ed Buffone, senior director worldwide business development at ForeScout. "By collaborating with Citrix, our customers can take advantage of IT consumerization with an approach that delivers the right level of security and manageability."
Integrating NAC and MDM allows companies to quickly implement enterprise mobility, choose-your-own-device (CYOD) and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategies that are flexible, scalable and secure. NAC solves the unique challenge of enterprise BYOD with its real-time detection of the type of device connecting to the network while also providing end-to-end management and security. A market innovator, ForeScout is at the forefront of NAC and MDM and uniquely provides bi-directional integration between NAC and MDM, which makes it easier to enroll, monitor and manage new devices into the MDM system.
By combining ForeScout CounterACT and Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition enterprises realize:
- Security automation to dynamically detect in real-time unmanaged devices, such as iPads, iPhones and Androids, attempting to connect to the corporate network. The means to readily gain network and device-based controls for a variety of actions: allow, block/quarantine, limit, register as guest, segregate, and initiate device compliance inspection.
- Automated installation of Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition agent on unmanaged devices through a simple automated self-enrollment process.
- Detection of jail-broken and rooted devices with the means to negate or limit access until remediated.
- Over-the-air device configuration and corporate app catalog management to instantly provision access to corporate email, WiFi, VPN and applications.
- Enforcement of passcode policies and strong encryption keys to protect sensitive data on mobile devices.
- Mobile application blacklisting, minimum OS level verification and device feature restrictions.
- The ability to remotely locate, lock and fully or selectively wipe lost or stolen devices.
- Powerful compliance rules engine, enforced upon admission to the corporate network and continuously while connected, tested at the device and network level, with automated remediation.
- Unified visibility, control and compliance reporting for all mobile endpoint devices including PCs, smartphones, tablets, and laptops through the ForeScout CounterACT platform.
"It's important to give businesses a holistic approach to mobile device management and security," said Sameer Mehta, principle product manager, Citrix Mobile Platforms Group. "This integration with ForeScout delivers a best-of-breed solution that provides end-to-end mobility management and security across devices, applications, data and networks."
The integration between ForeScout CounterACT and the Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition is provided through ForeScout Mobile, which is an add-on module to ForeScout CounterACT, the company's award-winning network access control (NAC) platform. The ForeScout Mobile Integration Module is available from ForeScout and ForeScout's authorized partners. By providing a range of mobile security solutions and MDM interoperability, ForeScout allows IT organizations to phase-in BYOD and "right size" their mobile security investments for different classes of users, devices and applications. The price of the ForeScout Mobile integration module for 1,000 devices or more is $18 per device (perpetual). The integration will be available in March.
Tweet This: ForeScout NAC integrates with Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition for complete BYOD security http://hub.am/1324V6F
About ForeScout Technologies, Inc.
ForeScout enables organizations to accelerate productivity and connectivity by allowing users to access corporate network resources where, how and when needed without compromising security. ForeScout's real-time network security platform for access control, mobile security, endpoint compliance and threat prevention empowers IT agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because the ForeScout CounterACT solution is easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, it has been chosen by more than 1,400 of the world's most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, ForeScout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at www.forescout.com.
ForeScout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. ForeScout, the ForeScout logo, CounterACT and ActiveResponse are trademarks of ForeScout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Deb Montner Montner & Associates, Tech PR 203-226-9290 email@example.com