Experience Health Care Innovation With Cerner at HIMSS13
KANSAS CITY, Mo., Feb. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cerner (Nasdaq:CERN) will showcase how it is helping health care organizations tackle current challenges and plan for future needs through innovative approaches at the Cerner booth (4941) during the Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS) annual conference and exhibition, March 3-7, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
Attendees will learn more about Cerner's approach to key topics including population health management, clinically driven revenue cycle, physician workflow and data connectivity. Visitors to the Cerner booth will experience a demonstration of one of our many solutions, talk one-on-one with our experts and have a chance to try out the technology first hand in our experience environments:
- Revenue Cycle: Cerner's Clinically Driven Revenue Cycle™ is driving down cost in health care administration while enabling best practice documentation and coding workflow, ensuring compliance and confidence in documentation of billable patient service revenue.
- Physician Experience: Cerner will unveil 20 new PowerChart® specialties designed with the physician and venue in mind – fast, easy and smart solutions that allow physicians to focus on what they do best.
- Population Health: Everyone deserves to get the most out of life. Cerner delivers a comprehensive approach to building healthier communities – one person at a time.
- CareAware™Ecosystem: Data should be shared across systems and between devices —regardless of EHR platform. CareAware creates a connected environment through universal interoperability and patient engagement.
Throughout the conference, there will be numerous opportunities to speak with Cerner clients and physician experts. Those sharing their accomplishments in the Cerner booth include:
- Adventist Health
- University of Missouri Health Care
- Fort HealthCare
- Cook County Health and Hospitals System
- Truman Medical Centers
- CGH Medical Center
- Lafayette General Medical Center
- Trinity Health
- Tuality Healthcare
- West Jefferson Medical Center
- Tiger Institute/University of Missouri
- NCH Healthcare System
- Winona Health
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Florida Hospital
- Sharp HealthCare
The Cerner booth isn't the only place you'll find us at HIMSS. Be sure to check out Cerner in these areas on the exhibit floor:
- ICD-10 Knowledge Center – Booth #4581, Kiosk #4: Cerner will highlight high impact workflows, remediation strategies and how to navigate the ICD-10 transition.
- Business & Clinical Analytics Knowledge Center – Booth #869, Kiosk #14: Cerner's PowerInsight®&Healthe Intent™ data analytics harness the power of clinical, operational and financial data. By aggregating health data across the continuum of care from disparate systems, Cerner creates a longitudinal patient record with decision support that enables quality measurements, and provides analytics for population management.
- Mobile Health Knowledge Center– Booth #8653, Kiosk #19: Health Care Enterprises are facing considerable challenges in order to embrace mobile technology to improve the productivity of their workforces. Learn the details of these universal challenges and see how Cerner is combining cloud computing and intuitive mobile solutions to enhance clinical workflows.
- Interoperability Showcase: Cerner will demonstrate the capabilities of CareAware iBus™ and our Clinical Exchange Program within the HIE Interoperability Showcase. During Exhibit hours, visit the Cerner kiosk to see how we are meeting HIE industry interoperability standards by communicating with third-party vendor systems and attend our Cerner-sponsored presentation in the Showcase Theater on March 6. Cerner clients presenting in the Interoperability Showcase include Truman Medical Centers, Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center&MetroCARE showing Direct Referrals, and The Yeaman Group showing CareTracker.
Many of Cerner's certified device partners will be highlighting how their devices can connect to and transmit information through our CareAware architecture.
Stay Connected with Cerner at HIMSS13
- Chat live wherever you are via Twitter using #HIMSS13
- Follow Cerner on Twitter: @Cerner
- Check the Cerner blog for regular updates.
- For more information on event speakers and education sessions, visit: www.cerner.com/events.aspx.
- To schedule an interview with Cerner or Cerner clients, contact Megan Moriarty.
Cerner is contributing to the systemic change of health and care delivery. For more than 30 years Cerner has been executing its vision to make health care safer and more efficient. We started with the foundation of digitizing paper processes and now offer the most comprehensive array of information software, professional services, medical device integration, remote hosting and employer health and wellness services. Cerner systems are used by everyone from individual consumers, to single-doctor practices, hospitals, employers and entire countries. Taking what we've learned over more than three decades, Cerner is building on the knowledge that is in the system to support evidence-based clinical decisions, prevent medical errors and empower patients in their care.
Cerner® solutions are licensed by approximately 10,000 facilities around the world, including more than 2,700 hospitals; 4,150 physician practices; 45,000 physicians; 550 ambulatory facilities, such as laboratories, ambulatory centers, behavioral health centers, cardiac facilities, radiology clinics and surgery centers; 800 home health facilities; 45 employer sites and 1,750 retail pharmacies.
Certain trademarks, service marks and logos (collectively, the "Marks") set forth herein are owned by Cerner Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and certain other countries throughout the world. All other non-Cerner Marks are the property of their respective owners. Nasdaq: CERN. For more information about Cerner, please visit www.cerner.com, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
CONTACT: Cerner Media Contact: Megan Moriarty, (816) 888-2470, firstname.lastname@example.org Cerner Investors Contact: Allan Kells, (816) 201-2445, email@example.com