CME Group Inc. Names Slate of Director Nominees and Announces its Plan to Implement a Majority Vote Standard
by PR Newswire
CHICAGO, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group today announced its slate of candidates for election to serve on the company's board of directors. CME Group shareholders will vote for directors at the company's annual meeting to be held Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
The Board also agreed to move forward with the adoption of a majority voting standard and plans to formally adopt amendments to its Bylaws and Corporate Governance Principles prior to its 2013 annual meeting.
"Today's action is the latest in a series of steps we have taken to further strengthen CME Group's corporate governance practices," said Terry Duffy, Executive Chairman & President, CME Group. "Our move to declassify the Board effective in 2014 and the expiration of our shareholder rights plan demonstrate our commitment to corporate governance."
The Class A and Class B shareholders voting together will elect nine candidates to the board. Additionally, the Class B-1 and Class B-3 shareholders will each elect a candidate to the board.
The following candidates will be elected by the Class A and Class B shareholders voting together:
- Terrence A. Duffy, 54, Executive Chairman and President, CME Group
- Charles P. Carey, 59, Former Vice Chairman, CME Group; Partner, Henning and Carey Trading
- Mark E. Cermak, 61, Director, Execution Services, ABN AMRO Clearing Chicago
- Martin J. Gepsman, 60, Independent Broker and Trader
- Leo Melamed, 80, Chairman Emeritus, CME Group; Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Melamed and Associates, Inc.
- Joseph Niciforo, 52, Principal, Henning and Carey Trading
- C.C. Odom II, 70, Independent Member/Trader; Sole Proprietor, Odom Investments and Argent Venture Capital
- Jack F. Sandner, 71, Retired Chairman of the Board, CME Group; Chairman, E*Trade Futures, LLC
- Dennis H. Suskind, 70, Retired Partner, Goldman Sachs & Co.
One candidate from each of the following Class B-1 and Class B-3 nominees will be elected to the Board.
Nominees for Class B-1 director are:
- Paul J. Heffernan, 53, Independent Trader
- Howard J. Siegel, 56, Independent Trader
Nominees for Class B-3 director are:
- Peter Kosanovich, 41, Managing Member, Brisbane Brokerage, LLC; Thorntree Enterprises, LLC; and Trean Group, LLC
- Steve Wollack, 70, Independent Trader, attorney and expert witness in futures industry
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago. CME Group also operates CME Clearing, one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers, which offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
SOURCE CME Group