Aastrom Biosciences to Present at Multiple Conferences in April
ANN ARBOR, Mich., April 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aastrom Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:ASTM), the leading developer of patient-specific expanded multicellular therapies for the treatment of severe, chronic cardiovascular diseases, today announced that the company will be presenting at the following scientific and investor meetings in April:
1st Annual Regen Med Investor Day
When: April 17, 2013
Where: Harmonie Club, New York, NY
- 9:00 a.m. EDT – Dr. Ronnda Bartel, chief scientific officer of Aastrom, will participate in a panel discussion entitled "Clinical Outlooks in Cardiovascular Disease."
- 1:45 p.m. EDT – Nick Colangelo, president and CEO of Aastrom, will provide an overview of the company and its development programs.
19th Annual International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT) Meeting
When: April 22-25, 2013
Where: SKYCITY Auckland Convention Center, Auckland, New Zealand
- April 23rd– Dr. Bartel will present "Commercialization Strategies for Ixmyelocel-T, a Novel Autologous Therapy for Severe, Chronic Cardiovascular Disease."
- April 24th– Poster presentation titled "Effects of Ixmyelocel-T on Murine Bleomycin-Induced Lung Fibrosis."
- April 24th– Poster presentation titled "Phase 3 Readiness for Autologous Cell Therapies: Unique Software Applications for Training, Scheduling and Manufacturing of Ixmyelocel-T."
- April 25th– Dr. Kelly Ledford, scientist at Aastrom, will present "Potential Atheroprotective Effects of Ixmyelocel-T Cellular Therapy."
12th Annual Needham & Company Healthcare Conference
When: April 30, 2013
Where: Westin Grand Central Hotel, New York, NY
Presentation: 10:00 a.m. EDT – Mr. Colangelo will provide an update on the company's clinical programs and progress in research and development.
About Aastrom Biosciences
Aastrom Biosciences is the leader in developing patient-specific, expanded multicellular therapies for use in the treatment of patients with severe, chronic cardiovascular diseases. The company's proprietary cell-processing technology enables the manufacture of ixmyelocel-T, a patient-specific multicellular therapy expanded from a patient's own bone marrow and delivered directly to damaged tissues. Aastrom has advanced ixmyelocel-T into late-stage clinical development, including a Phase 2b clinical trial in patients with ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy. For more information, please visit Aastrom's website at www.aastrom.com.
The Aastrom Biosciences, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=3663
This document contains forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, statements concerning clinical trial plans and progress, objectives and expectations, clinical activity timing, intended product development, the performance and contribution of certain individuals and expected timing of collecting and analyzing treatment data, all of which involve certain risks and uncertainties. These statements are often, but are not always, made through the use of words or phrases such as "anticipates," "intends," "estimates," "plans," "expects," "we believe," "we intend," and similar words or phrases, or future or conditional verbs such as "will," "would," "should," "potential," "could," "may," or similar expressions. Actual results may differ significantly from the expectations contained in the forward-looking statements. Among the factors that may result in differences are the inherent uncertainties associated with clinical trial and product development activities, regulatory approval requirements, competitive developments, and the availability of resources and the allocation of resources among different potential uses. These and other significant factors are discussed in greater detail in Aastrom's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements reflect management's current views and Aastrom does not undertake to update any of these forward-looking statements to reflect a change in its views or events or circumstances that occur after the date of this release except as required by law.
CONTACT: Media contact Andrea Coan Berry & Company email@example.com (212) 253-8881 Investor contact Chad Rubin The Trout Group firstname.lastname@example.org (646) 378-2947