Views of Shopping at the Westfield San Francisco Centre on Black Friday
Bloomberg via Getty Images
By Emily Dovi

With all the 2013 Black Friday ad leaks and sneak peeks we've unearthed in the past few weeks, this season's shopping extravaganza is looking ripe with deals and discounts for all. But even though many product categories will see new all-time low prices, not everything is at its lowest price on Black Friday. In fact, there are 13 items you definitely shouldn't buy on November 29. This baker's dozen of goods -- including toys and brand-name TVs as well as international airfare and digital cameras -- will mostly see better discounts in December and the new year.

While we advise against purchasing the following products around Black Friday, keep in mind that nothing is written in stone, and we may still see some stellar deals within these categories; however, it's more likely that we'll encounter so-so offers, so it's best to temper your expectations.

More from DealNews:

How Financial Planners go Grocery Shopping

Learn to shop smart and save.

Goal Setting

Want to succeed? Then you need goals!

Hello Beautiful

So wrong on the blankets. One of our local Freddy's has BARGAINS on blankets the day after Thanksgiving, at prices we do not see at any other time of the year. Same with the awesome sock sale. Just do your research before jetting out the door.

November 15 2013 at 8:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jleup77276

Thanks for the tips. I always wondered why all those people were out there fighting with each other to buy nothing. I guess I\'ll just stay home and watch some college ball.

November 14 2013 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lorepod

There is only one way to be sure of these deals. You have got to know your prices and overlook all of the hype. And that involves some research before you are ready to buy.

November 13 2013 at 11:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pm0501

I stopped falling for these Black Friday schemes long ago! Never again!

November 13 2013 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
skjuice

Guess what... 3 trees are up... all decorated... house is all decorated..... all gifts are purchased, wrapped and ready to go... if someone thinks that I am going to flop around like a fish out or water (Salmon on the sidewalk) trying to save $50 or $100 forget it... my health is more important...
I am pressure free, stress free, crowd free, and had first choice on the latest and greatest... ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS ... I WILL... (WINK)

November 13 2013 at 9:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CAROLYNKELLIOLI

There is no black friday anymore! it's all done on Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy YOUR holiday!!!!

November 13 2013 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RouteUS66Busload

Paint both sides of your debit cards or credit cards 'black" then.

November 13 2013 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
militiaman2013

Consumer Alert ! Warning ! GAME STOP IS DEFRAUDING CUSTOMERS on many items including popular skylanders series and PS4 pre orders they can't fill. Currently GAMESTOP is advertising the Skylander Dark Edition and taking pre orders, after several weeks they will send an email that says your credit card is not good then a another stating that due to unforeseen inventory problems these items are not available. To add insult to injury GAMESTOP claims the don't have the $$99 Skylander Dark Series because of no stock however GAMESTOP is selling the same item on Amazon.com for $150 and up with no limit on stock. BOYCOTT GAMESTOP THIS HOIDAY SEASON AND ALWAYS .

November 13 2013 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
summerchaser

so I guess we just don\'t buy anything......lol

November 13 2013 at 6:52 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mesager42

Dumb article.

If you have a specific coat in a specific size on your list, you need to buy it before it is sold out. What you want is not always available at the end of the season. Same goes for popular toys that kids want for Christmas - buy them when they are available. Waiting until that last week may not always result in the best prices. If you do come across one with a better price, buy it and return the more expensive one before Christmas.

Some people are really difficult to buy for. One year my husband really needed a good watch, because I got tired of seeing all of his plastic Casios keep breaking. He bought me a new watch the next year that I didn't really need, but I still use it. If you see a watch you like to give someone - don't cheap out on timepieces. Sometimes they become family heirlooms.

Christmas ornaments tend to be cheaper at craft stores like Michael's, A.C. Moore, and Joanne Fabrics than at Walmart, Kmart, Target, Lowes or other places. Craft stores start putting their Christmas items on sale around Halloween, because they want as much merchandise cleared out as possible to get ready for the next holiday at least two to three months in advance.

If you want to give someone a throw and they are a big sports fan, go to Joanne Fabrics or Hancock Fabrics and buy a few yards of fleece at 50 percent off in their favorite team, and buy a fleece shredder to make those fringe ends. Coupons are available online. Fleece is available in a lot of colors and themes. Fleece throws even make good vehicle emergency blankets in freezing winter temps if someone needs some extra warmth due to an accident or vehicle failure, or to just keep some snow off of them while changing a tire.

One year I borrowed an idea from Oprah and sent relatives baskets filled with my favorite products - teas, coffees, chapstick, soaps, nuts, cookies, etc. and told them the various stores where they could be purchased if they liked them well enough to start using them on a regular basis.

One fall when I attended a seminar at the local college, I bought a few extra books from a guest author and had the books addressed to older family members for Christmas. They loved the books and it made for interesting family discussions at future gatherings.

Not all gifts that I give are new. We have one female relative who loves vintage pieces of costume jewelry that she doesn't need to worry about losing when she travels several times per year. I know a vendor who specializes in that kind of jewelry. Sometimes I give him a wish list when he attends estate sales, and go buy his cool stuff that was made in the U.S.A. back in the day for Christmas gifts.

November 12 2013 at 10:39 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mesager42's comment
bettybsommers

The only emotion I felt after that article was \"Somebody give me a drink\".

November 13 2013 at 10:53 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply