6 Reasons You Hate Your Cable Provider - and 6 Ways to Get Even

By Kathryn Moody

There's a very good chance that you and your cable company aren't on good terms. According to a recent survey by cg42, a business consulting group, cable providers experience the worst level of consumer frustration of all American industries. A full 53 percent of cable customers said they would leave their provider if they thought they could, the survey found.

We found creative ways for you to conquer your cable frustrations, which will allow you to rest easy while you enjoy your time in front of the television.

Economics 101

Intro to economics. But fun.

Building Credit from Scratch

Start building credit...now.

jrexmarda

Really? Only 9% of Americans have access to satellite TV? They keep sending me invites to get hooked up twice a week in the mail, I didn't know how rare and special that is. My my.

July 29 2014 at 12:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
merstockgto

Whether it be cable, satellite, Century Link. They are all a monopoly and do not give a crap about their subscribers. Would be nice to see everyone that has one of these rip-offs just pull the plug on them and see how long they survive with no subscribers. It would be nice to have them by the, grab the you know whats instead of us having them in their hands.

July 28 2014 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
impactvqi

I went ota and don't worry or miss about cable or dish at all

July 28 2014 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tomsfrontporch

I usually have my beef with potatoes and mushrooms. And stream tv to my roku box or use my antenna while eating steak and potatoes that I can afford with my antenna system and enough internet.

July 28 2014 at 12:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
croshatch

I get TV and internet from my cable company. I don't really have a problem with the TV portion but the internet service is downright horrible. So, advising someone like me to get my TV via online streaming isn't going to solve my problem when there are really only two choices for ISP and the other one isn't so great, either. Maybe I'll go back to dial-up? It really wouldn't be much worse.

July 28 2014 at 12:04 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to croshatch's comment
Kay

Oh yes, dial-up could be worse! Where I live dial-up is all I can get for internet and I hate it. Takes forever to download anything and when I want to watch a video it is impossible! I would switch to anything if I could. My phone company keeps sending me info with their bill that says I can get 'hi-speed' internet service from them, but when I call they tell me their service stops 1 1/2 miles from my home! Gotta love it!

July 28 2014 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
copperking59

Bright house are raising rates again!!! I guess to pay for more commercials every other one is a bright house commercial am so over it service s-ks wish there was a new real cable provider not dish> etc bright house has reckless drivers am always being hack off on palm bay road there like cabbies they should slow down driving and stop tail gating I would complain they police them self's can you say conflict of interest .It to bad at one time the customer came first and had good value for the dollar now its how much they can squeeze from you !!!!

July 27 2014 at 11:49 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
magus47

Yeah and I have a problem with AOL and the HUFFINGTON POST and EVERY damn electronic firm that has piss poor customer relations and every industry that "HELPS" you by throwing you into electronic LA LA LAND. I DON'T WANT TO PRESS ONE FOR THIS, TWO FOR THAT, THREE FOUR THE OTHER THING. Which send you to another computer voice that says PRESS ONE FOR THIS, TWO FOR THAT, THREE FOUR THE OTHER THING. And on and on and on. Computers have made it soooo easy fot coorperations to totaly ignore their customers. They make the whole process so hard that one usually gives up in total frustration.
"Plese hold. Your time is important to us. That's why we are going to keep you on line for TWO OR THREE HOURS!"

July 27 2014 at 10:33 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to magus47's comment
Carl A Logan

Yo, You really have a problem. Mommie will not give you a lollipop or ice cream cone and you are upset. get a life. You don't need you mom to show you how to blow you nose. blow it yourself.

August 02 2014 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DAVE

You all want to stop it dump all of it go with antenna TV and get off your butts and partcipate in real life.

July 27 2014 at 10:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ethaus

I don't have cell phone, cable, satellite or dish. It would only be more of the same crap that I now get with antenna tv.

July 27 2014 at 9:25 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
george

The reason cable, sattelite, or free air television is loosing popularity is because the shows that are on are basically 88 channels of chrome plated crap of "reality shows" or home shopping shows or a do-loop of what was on the other night. The news has gotten to be the pro government bias blow horn or the anti-establishment problem identifier mega phone based on who or whom ever is in office. Then my favorite is the self proclaimed social media flavor of the month of what America should look like channels. The worst is the pay extra channels like HBO or Showtime offer which are the shows that were on the do-loop but with swear words not bleeped out and oh yeah they are on the do-loop also. There are only a few shows that are new, and a few news channels that are worth listening too. Since Hollywood has no acting skills anymore and most of the shows are supplied with Canadian, Australian or British actors with a southern slang. No wonder American viewing has lost its culture. Which brings me to the local free air channels. Its either weight loss, bass a matic comercials, or spanish speaking channels. As long as we continue to accept the dumbing down of America via the boob tube, then we can accept what is happening to our country.

July 27 2014 at 9:15 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply