10 Strange and Sneaky Supermarket Savings Strategies

Sure, you've heard of extreme couponing, loyalty cards, and of course, the rule about not shopping when you're hungry, but have you heard of these 10 sneaky, if not a little strange, ways to save at the supermarket?

With these strategies, and a willingness to experiment with new foods, you can save more at the supermarket on healthier foods. And if you're a couponing fan, you might save more (especially with brand-name dented goods) but most foods in this list rarely have coupons available. Bon appetit.

Getting out of debt

Everyone hates debt. Get out of it.

Intro to Retirement

Get started early planning for your long term future.

setanta54s_back

best strategy REMAINS

getting those little pieces of paper--that have a small amount of adhesive on the back

WRITE ON THEM :

HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE BS WORKING FOR YA ?

and stick em everywhere you go,every aisle,AT THE GAS PUMPS etc

RANT AT THE CHECKOUT
RANT AT THE GAS STATION
confront the morons and braindead--tell THEM to stay home next election day.

DO IT TILL HIM AND HIS CARTEL ARE OUT.

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
America thanks you.

June 22 2014 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shorthosep

Today my daughter got a great deal. I went to Target to buy coffee for my wife and I noticed a complete revamp going on in the aisles. I asked one of the workers what was going on and he said Target was reducing some of the products they stocked and introducing new products. As I walked the aisles I noticed alot of goods marked 50% off. I bought canned fruit,vegtables,olive oil,spighetto's,coffee and much more all 50% off. My total bill ran to $35 dollars. So I got $70 worth of food for $35. Oh yeah why did MY DAUGHTER get a great deal? I drove over to her house and gave her all the groceries except the coffee.My grandson's will eat well.

June 20 2014 at 3:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
savannahswithgod

Best strategy would be to steal from your neighbors when they leave the house, that is if they don't shop where you shop at the 'few name brand mostly off brand store'.

May 23 2014 at 9:39 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Valerie

Can we get a round of applause for Tony The Troll??? Nothing of value to contribute --- just goofy garbled comments.

May 22 2014 at 9:11 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Annika

I recently turned vegan, so most of these tips don't apply to me. My strategy to save as much money as possible on the things I eat is knowing which store has the best prices on any given item, such as organic soy milk or canned organic beans. Another way to save is to buy cereals and spices in bulk and to check the store flyers for weekly specials.

May 22 2014 at 3:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tony

Fish heads???? Is thee trying to make thee sick?

May 22 2014 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freeradicals

What a POS article.

May 22 2014 at 12:44 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Kay

About five years ago I was in my local grocery store in my small town. I wanted to buy some lunchmeat but when I picked out my package and checked the expiration date I noticed that it was almost three weeks past the date. Since I could not find anyone in that department I told the cashier about the problem to which she said that she would take care of the problem. About a week and a half later I was shopping there again and decided to check the lunchmeat. There in the counter were the same packages which were not more than a month past the date! This time I spotted a worker in the meat department and showed him the problem. He was shocked because he said someone is supposed to check this stuff each week if not more often. He immediately took the lunchmeat off the rack and then called someone to help go through all of the meats in this counter. I thanked him for being concerned and even explained that I had previously reported the problem and was promised it would be taken care of. He asked who I told and was not a happy man, he said that they would be having a store meeting to discuss this and other things that he had discovered.

May 21 2014 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gburmese

This is pure bullsh_t who eats this crap the homeless!

May 21 2014 at 7:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to gburmese's comment
savannahswithgod

Only if given to them by the Church with a guarantee that Jesus said for them to eat it or starve and join him. I did work with a guy who use to eat the little Dinty Moore Beef stews out of the cans without warming them. He got Cancer later. Made me wonder if eating out of that can without heating it added into that. The guy I don't think smoked but he drank pretty good and mowed out in the sun a lot, lived down by our water supply. Some guy sold them all insurance policies that ended up being basically worthless, paying like 50 dollars a day in the hospital when you are having cancer treatments at 3 or 4 thousand dollars a day.

May 23 2014 at 9:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to savannahswithgod's comment
lbbatthebeach

Pretty sure Dinty Moore cans didn't give the guy cancer. Geesh.

June 04 2014 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
Steve

some people will not even think about buying dented cans, bruised vegs/fruit, discounted meats or any other items that don't look "perfect"...I've been doing this for years and have never been sick or had to throw away anything....just good shopping skills [I think]

May 21 2014 at 5:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Steve's comment
Valerie

@ Steve --- There are not a lot of people around, any more, who grew up on farms. Farm kids know it's okay to cut off bruised parts of veggies and fruits, and it's still okay to eat. City kids want everything to look picture perfect.

May 22 2014 at 9:14 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
savannahswithgod

You get that one can that's been perforated and your shopping skills will be over I would think?

May 23 2014 at 9:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to savannahswithgod's comment
lbbatthebeach

If a can is perforated, would the juice be running out all over the floor? Dents in cans are harmless.

June 04 2014 at 4:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down