In this episode of Tech Teardown, Erin Kennedy discusses the latest developments in the tech sector with Evan Niu, CFA, our tech and telecom bureau chief.
- Apple puts its money where it's mouth is. Actions speak louder than words, and $14 billion goes a long way.
- Apple has always played it small when it comes to acquisitions. Is Apple preparing to open up its wallet when the time is right?
- Twitter beat expectations on the top and bottom lines in its earnings report this week, but the market was looking at something entirely different.
- Why weak guidance now for LinkedIn may be well worth it in the long run.
- Online music streaming service Pandora was yet another tech stock to get crushed after earnings, despite reporting a pretty good quarter. Why did investors walk away?
There's a huge difference between a good stock and a stock that can make you rich. The Motley Fool's chief investment officer has selected his No. 1 stock for 2014, and it's one of those stocks that could make you rich. You can find out which stock it is in the special free report "The Motley Fool's Top Stock for 2014." Just click here to access the report and find out the name of this under-the-radar company.
The article Tech Teardown: Feb. 7 originally appeared on Fool.com.Erin Kennedy owns shares of Apple. Evan Niu, CFA owns shares of Apple and LinkedIn. The Motley Fool recommends Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Pandora Media, and Twitter. The Motley Fool owns shares of Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and Microsoft. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2014 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.