In this episode of Tech Teardown, Erin Kennedy discusses the week's biggest tech news and rumors with Jamal Carnette and Evan Niu, CFA. This week's topics:
- Facebook's third-quarter earnings release shows how volatile the stock can be.
- Smartphone sales hit a new record as price points continue to fall. Meanwhile, Apple's lost tablet market share, but the new iPad refresh will probably mitigate that.
- Intel has largely sat out of the mobile fray -- until now.
- Google's new Nexus 5 sports LTE and Android 4.4 KitKat.
- The rumor mill suggests the Retina iPad Mini will arrive before Thanksgiving.
- The King of Cupertino is toppled from its mighty throne: Apple lost its ranking in tablet customer satisfaction to Samsung.
- Microsoft's Smart Search peeks inside users' personal desktop searches.
Apple's newest iPad Mini with Retina display might be hard to come by this quarter, given all the reports of supply constraints. Well, we're going to be sure to get a few -- and give them away! That's right: For the first time ever, The Motley Fool is hosting a contest where you can win a free iPad Mini with Retina display. All you have to do is tell us why you love The Motley Fool by clicking here! We'll pick the three most Foolish submissions to receive a free iPad Mini with Retina display.
See full terms and conditions by clicking here.
The article Tech Teardown Weekly Recap originally appeared on Fool.com.Erin Kennedy owns shares of Apple. Evan Niu, CFA, owns shares of Apple, Verizon Communications, and Qualcomm. Jamal Carnette owns shares of Apple and Facebook. The Motley Fool recommends Apple, Facebook, Google, Intel, and NVIDIA and owns shares of Apple, Facebook, Google, Intel, Microsoft, and Qualcomm. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools don't all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.