Pentagon Awards $7.55 Billion in Contracts Thursday
Sep 26th 2013 11:38PM
Updated Sep 30th 2013 11:36PM
The Pentagon announced 86 separate contract awards on Thursday worth a combined $7.55 billion. Most of these have been reported separately already where appropriate. Here are a few "extras" that might otherwise fall through the cracks:
- Piedmont Natural Gas won a maximum $107.5 million regulated tariff rate contract to assume ownership and take responsibility for operating and maintaining a natural gas distribution system located at an undisclosed location in North Carolina through September 2066. The location of the base where the system is located was not mentioned in today's announcement. This contract appears to closely mirror the terms of a similar "utility takeover" contract awarded to Tidewater Utilities in Delaware two weeks ago.
- Microsoft won a $66.4 million firm-fixed-priced, labor-hour indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract to provide the U.S. Marine Corps with Microsoft premier and consulting support services to include planning and coordination support, risk assessments and support consulting, 24/7 tech support, field engineering support, designated engineering support and architectural consulting services through Sept. 2014.
- EMCOR was awarded a $40.5 million option exercise to provide Regional Base Operating Support services at various government facilities within a 100-mile radius of the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, D.C., through September 2014. This modification increases the total value of EMCOR's underlying contract to $147.7 million.
- Moog won a firm-fixed-price contract to supply up to $18 million worth of aircraft parts to the U.S. Air Force through March 30, 2016.
- And finally, Navistar won a $10.2 million firm-fixed-price, non-option-eligible, non-multiyear foreign military sales contract to supply the U.S. Army Contracting Command -- Tank and Automotive with 75 refrigerator food supply trucks, plus spare parts, and one operator's manual on compact disc, in the Dari language (spoken in Afghanistan).
The article Pentagon Awards $7.55 Billion in Contracts Thursday originally appeared on Fool.com.Fool contributor Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool recommends Piedmont Natural Gas and owns shares of Microsoft. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.