iRobot Launches Braava™ Floor Mopping Robot in North America
With more than 10 million home robots sold worldwide, iRobot offers a broad portfolio of cleaning robots that do the work for you
BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- iRobot Corp. (NAS: IRBT) , a leader in delivering robotic technology-based solutions, today announced the release of the iRobot Braava Floor Mopping Robot. iRobot is launching two models, Braava 320 and Braava 380t, in North America. Braava was introduced to the European market earlier this year.
Since the launch of the company's flagship Roomba® Vacuum Cleaning Robot in 2002, iRobot has sold more than 10 million home robots worldwide. This milestone, and continued product line expansion, reinforces iRobot's status as the worldwide leader in automated home maintenance.
iRobot's portfolio of home robots provides different solutions for different cleaning needs. While the company's Roomba vacuum cleaning robot and Scooba® floor washing robot make multiple passes over a floor to provide a deep clean, Braava is designed to systematically and efficiently dry or damp mop the entire floor in just one pass. Roomba vacuums, and Scooba scrubs floors clean. Braava is a perfect complementary solution for quickly maintaining hard floors every day, keeping them free of dust and other debris.
"Braava is a great complement to our already strong suite of home robots," said Christian Cerda, senior vice president and general manager of the Home Robots business unit at iRobot. "With more than 10 million home robots sold worldwide, iRobot is focused on bringing new solutions like Braava to market, enabling people to take better care of their homes."
Braava cleans hard floors quickly and quietly, without hassle.
The iRobot Braava Floor Mopping Robot automatically dry- and damp-mops hard floors using two cleaning modes, keeping dirt and dust under control. Braava uses disposable or reusable cleaning cloths that are simple to attach and remove. The robot is easy to use. At the push of a button, Braava is off to mop for you - and when it is done cleaning, the robot returns to where it started. It is whisper quiet, featuring a soft-touch bumper and quiet motors, so it cleans without disrupting daily activity or sleep.
All Braava robots:
- Clean virtually all hard-surface floors, including hardwood, tile, vinyl and laminate
- Mop with disposable or reusable microfiber cloths, dry or damp
- Have two cleaning modes: Dry Mop mode sweeps back and forth in straight lines using dry cleaning cloths to efficiently pick up dust, dirt and hair. Damp Mop mode uses a special back-and-forth mopping action and damp cleaning cloths to lift surface dirt and grime off floors
- Use NorthStar® Navigation Cubes to map the room, ensuring a complete and effective clean
- Avoid carpets, stairs and drop-offs
Braava 380t includes expanded features:
- Pro-Clean System dispenses liquid throughout the cleaning cycle
- Ability to use multiple NorthStar® Navigation Cubes, or Cube-to-Cube Navigation, for larger homes
- Fast-charging battery, so Braava 380 is ready to clean in four hours
- Turbo Charge Cradle Accessory automatically recharges the robot in just two hours
The iRobot Braava Floor Mopping Robot is now available at irobot.com and select retail outlets nationwide. Pricing for Braava begins at $199.
About iRobot Corp.
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference. The company's home robots help people find smarter ways to clean, its defense & security robots protect those in harm's way, and its remote presence robots enable virtual presence from anywhere in the world. iRobot's products feature proprietary technologies incorporating advanced concepts in navigation, mobility, manipulation and artificial intelligence. For more information about iRobot, please visit www.irobot.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts
The article iRobot Launches Braava™ Floor Mopping Robot in North America originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.