TASER Reports New Sales of "Smart Weapons"
Aug 21st 2013 11:13AM
Updated Aug 21st 2013 11:14AM
In its latest update on stun-gun sales, TASER International reported Wednesday that it's booked several new orders for its eponymous stun guns. All are expected to ship in the third quarter, and show up in Q3 earnings. Specifically, TASER has sold:
- 837 TASER X2 smart weapons to a pair of unidentified U.S. law enforcement agencies.
- 200 X2s to the Fayetteville Police Department in North Carolina.
- 103 X2s to the Margate Police Department in Florida.
- 100 X2s, plus 100 TASER CAM HD recorders, to the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office in North Carolina.
- 200 X26P smart weapons to the USDA Forest Service.
- 170 X26Ps to the Rhode Island State Police.
- 124 X26Ps to the Las Vegas Metro Police Department.
- 100 X26Ps to the Manatee County Sheriff's Office in Florida.
Additional sales of X2s, X26Ps, and TASER CAM HDs -- presumably orders of fewer than 20 units each as those usually aren't broken out in press releases -- were booked to law enforcement customers in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, and West Virginia.
Financial details of the sales were not disclosed, but at advertised list prices (for those products for which prices are listed), the sum total of the above-listed orders appears to exceed $2.2 million.
TASER shares shot up 5.1% in early Wednesday trading, rising to $11.42. This added $28.1 million to Taser's market capitalization -- more than 12 times the $2.2 million in possible incremental sales reflected in TASER's news.
The article TASER Reports New Sales of "Smart Weapons" originally appeared on Fool.com.Fool contributor Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.