SCE Crews Restore Power to Most Customers in Tulare and Visalia Affected by Extreme Weather Conditions
ROSEMEAD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Southern California Edison (SCE) crews have restored power in the Tulare and Visalia areas to most of the customers affected by extreme weather conditions. About 1,200 customers remain without power due to the widespread damage caused by lightning, rain and wind in the San Joaquin area. Initially, more than 120,000 customers were impacted by the storm damage.
SCE recommends that those customers still without power prepare to be without service tonight and into tomorrow while repairs continue. The company recognizes this is an inconvenience for customers and appreciates their patience as crews continue working to restore service as quickly and safely as possible after this severe damage to the system.
The Outage Center map and list of outages for the San Joaquin area, available on SCE.com, will be updated when restoration times are available.
More than 40 crews and more than 200 SCE personnel are in the area to help restore service, many of them coming from other regions. Crews will remain until service is restored to all customers.
SCE reminds customers to keep these safety tips in mind:
- Never approach or touch a downed power line. Do not touch anything that is in contact with downed lines. Those lines may still be energized and pose a danger. Stay away and call 911 immediately.
- Watch for traffic signals that may be out. Approach those intersections as four-way stops
- To prevent loss of data and/or damage to your sensitive electronic equipment, consider surge suppressors or shut off or disconnect all such equipment until power has been restored to protect against electrical events that can accompany outages or that can occur during service restoration.
- Leave the doors of your refrigerator and freezer closed to keep your food as fresh as possible. Place blocks of ice inside to help keep food cold. Check food carefully for signs of spoilage.
- Check on your neighbors to make sure everyone is safe.
For more safety tips, see sce.com/safety. Customers also can visit sce.com/outages to report and stay informed regarding outages, and to find additional information regarding SCE's response to service disruptions. This information is also accessible on SCE's mobile app.
About Southern California Edison
An Edison International (NYS: EIX) company, Southern California Edison is one of the nation's largest electric utilities, serving a population of nearly 14 million via 4.9 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California.
Southern California Edison
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article SCE Crews Restore Power to Most Customers in Tulare and Visalia Affected by Extreme Weather Conditions originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.