U.S. Bancorp Celebrates 150 th Anniversary
Ten Employees Will Join CEO, CFO in New York to Ring the NYSE Closing Bell on Friday, July 12
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- U.S. Bancorp will celebrate its 150th anniversary this week by ringing The Closing Bell at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
U.S. Bancorp Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Richard Davis and Chief Financial Officer Andy Cecere will take the stage at the NYSE on Friday, July 12 at 4 p.m. ET. Joining them will be 10 employees from across the bank, including two of the bank's longest-serving staffers, four employees who serve in the military and four other employees who were chosen as winners of bank contests commemorating the 150th anniversary.
U.S. Bank's national charter, which is based in Cincinnati, was signed during Abraham Lincoln's presidency 150 years ago on July 13, 1863, while the Civil War raged across the Ohio River. Since then, U.S. Bank has not only survived, but thrived. Today, U.S. Bancorp is the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States.
The employees joining Davis and Cecere at the NYSE on Friday are:
- Gwyn Holland - The bank's longest serving employee is a teller from Decherd, Tenn. who joined the company 60 years ago.
- Marilyn Herbster - U.S. Bank's second-longest tenured employee works in the Technology and Operations group in Portland, Ore. She has served the company for 56 years.
- Jared Belkey - a project manager in the bank's Small Business Banking group in the Twin Cities who joined U.S. Bank 15 years ago. Belkey is also a member of the U.S. Army National Guard and has been deployed three times -to Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait.
- Tyler Birman - a 10-year veteran of the bank and a member of the Oregon Air National Guard who served in the Middle East. Birman works for U.S. Bank in Portland, Ore.
- Erin Cochran - a securities specialist in the bank's Trust Technology & Support group in St. Paul who joined the bank nine years ago. Cochran is also a member of the U.S. Army National Guard.
- Nick Safford - a trainee in the bank's Military Leadership Development program who joined the company a year ago and is a member of the U.S. Army Reserves.
- Mary Kariuki Ries - works in the bank's wealth management group in St. Paul. Kariuki Ries, who grew up in a small village in Nairobi, Kenya, joined U.S. Bank 14 years ago.
- Alex Young - a credit analyst in the bank's credit administration department in Minneapolis. who joined U.S. Bank a year and a half ago.
- Kristen Reinhardt - works in branch operations in Kansas City and will celebrate 10 years with U.S. Bank early next year.
- Tara Bell -- a personal banker in Irvine, Calif. who will celebrate her second anniversary with the bank this October.
About U.S. Bank
U.S. Bancorp (NYS: USB) , with $355 billion in assets as of March 31, 2013, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the 5th largest commercial bank in the United States. Celebrating its 150th anniversary this year, the company operates 3,080 banking offices in 25 states and 5,056 ATMs. The bank provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at www.usbank.com.
Nicole Garrison-Sprenger, U.S. Bank
(612) 303-0731, email@example.com
KEYWORDS: United States North America Minnesota New York Ohio
The article U.S. Bancorp Celebrates 150th Anniversary originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.