Get Curious and Help Kids with Kohl's Cares Books, Plush Toys and Backpack for Just $5 Each
100 percent of the net profit supports children's health and education initiatives nationwide
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Kohl's Department Stores (NYS: KSS) is inviting children and families across the country to indulge in playful curiosity while giving back to their communities with the latest Kohl's Cares® cause merchandise program. Now through the end of September, Kohl's offers exclusive hardcover editions of timeless Curious George® books, including Curious George's First Day of School, Curious George's Dinosaur Discovery, Curious George and the Puppies, Curious George Visits the Zoo, and Curious George Goes Camping, along with coordinating plush toys, a backpack and note cards for just $5 each. Kohl's also offers two great cookbooks, Kids Treats and Taste of Home: The Busy Family Cookbook, perfect for meal planning on busy evenings. Since the program's inception in 2000, the Kohl's Cares philanthropic program has raised more than $231 million for children's health and education programs in local communities across the country.
Young readers will be thrilled to embark on new adventures with Curious George, the lovable, mischievous primate and his trusty companion, the man in the yellow hat. Customers will be proud to support the program knowing Kohl's donates 100 percent of the net profit to children's health and education initiatives nationwide.
Kohl's Cares Cause Merchandise for Kids
- Curious George's First Day of School and Curious George plush: Get ready to head back-to-school with Curious George, the perfect monkey for the job of teacher's helper, until his curiosity gets the best of him!
- Curious George's Dinosaur Discovery and Dinosaur plush: Journey with Curious George as he visits a dinosaur dig and searches high and low for dinosaur bones in hopes of making a big discovery!
- Curious George and the Puppies and Puppy plush: Join Curious George as he visits an animal shelter and gets himself in a heap of trouble once he discovers the antics of a number of playful puppies.
- Curious George Visits the Zoo and Kangaroo plush: Children will go bananas when Curious George snatches his favorite food from the zoo keeper, but ultimately redeems himself by lending a helping hand.
- ONLINE EXCLUSIVE - Curious George Goes Camping and Moose plush: Explore the great outdoors with Curious George as he wanders his way through the woods and, ultimately, into some mischief on his first camping trip.
- GREAT BACK-TO-SCHOOL ITEM - Curious George Backpack: Kids won't have to monkey around with figuring out how to carry all their school supplies with the Curious George backpack. A must-have item for kids as they head back to the classroom!
- GIFT IDEA FOR TEACHERS - Curious George Note Cards: Looking for a fun and affordable gift for a new teacher? Check out the beautifully illustrated Curious George note cards for just $5.
Kohl's Cares Cause Merchandise for Grown-Ups
- Kids Treats and Taste of Home: The Busy Family Cookbook - With back-to-school right around the corner, ease into the fast pace of school night routines with two great books! Whip up delicious, hassle-free, family meal recipes from Taste of Home: The Busy Family Cookbook and take the stress out of meal planning. And keep kids coming back for more with great recipes from Kids Treats that are sure to please everyone's taste buds.
In addition to the merchandise program, Kohl's Cares® features a scholarship program, which recognizes more than 2,300 young volunteers each year with scholarships and prizes; the Associates in Action program, which encourages associate volunteerism and has donated more than $63 million to youth-focused nonprofit organizations to date; a hospital partner program that supports more than 160 partners nationwide; and fundraising gift cards for schools and youth-serving nonprofit organizations. For more information, visit www.kohls.com/cares.
Curious George and related characters, created by Margret and H. A. Rey, are copyrighted and trademarked by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company and used under license. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP. All rights reserved.
Based in Menomonee Falls, Wis., Kohl's (NYS: KSS) is a family-focused, value-oriented specialty department store offering moderately priced, exclusive and national brand apparel, shoes, accessories, beauty and home products in an exciting shopping environment. With a commitment to environmental leadership, Kohl's operates 1,155 stores in 49 states. In support of the communities it serves, Kohl's has raised more than $231 million for children's initiatives nationwide through its Kohl's Cares® cause merchandise program, which operates under Kohl's Cares, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kohl's Department Stores, Inc. For a list of store locations and information, or for the added convenience of shopping online, visit www.Kohls.com, join the discussion on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/kohls) or Twitter (http://twitter.com/Kohls) or get inspired on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/kohls/) and Instagram (http://instagram.com/kohls).
KEYWORDS: United States North America Wisconsin
The article Get Curious and Help Kids with Kohl's Cares Books, Plush Toys and Backpack for Just $5 Each originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.