Roam Sweet Home: Connection/Convection Tech in New GE ® Wall Ovens Sets Home Cooks Free
- New Direct Air convection design significantly increases air coverage on food, resulting in great cooking performance
- Wi-Fi connectivity gives you the freedom to control your meal without being in the kitchen
- Available in a variety of configurations, including single and double ovens
LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
The Direct Air convection technology in GE's new wall ovens significantly increases air coverage on food, resulting in enhanced cooking performance. (Photo: GE)
In GE's newly designed wall ovens, the Direct Air** convection system distributes heated air from two sources—both the top and back wall of the oven depending on the cooking mode. Unlike most convection systems, the oven's fans can reverse in direction and operate at multiple speeds.
"We're elevating the cooking experience at home with technology that wraps around your food better than ever before and achieves outstanding results," said Jon Bostock, marketing manager, cooking appliances, GE Appliances.
In addition to even cooking, convection ovens cook many foods faster. "Shorter cooking times are a huge bonus for today's busy families and people who like to entertain," said Bostock.
Remote control oven
As consumers rely even more on their mobile devices, GE is leading the way to make interacting with their appliances and saving time as effortless as possible from wherever they happen to be. GE's newest mobile app gives consumers the freedom to control their oven using Wi-Fi technology. They can preheat; set the timer; change the temperature or cooking function; and check cooking status while managing activities, such as gardening or homework with the kids. The current feature allows control via mobile app from within the home or yard, and a remote option will be available as an upgrade at a later date.
"If you want to preheat your oven while doing laundry, our new GE wall ovens can help," said Bostock. "Don't worry about burning a casserole while you're doing the things that matter most, such as playing with your daughter in the yard. GE's app will notify you when the cook time is complete, so you can turn off the oven remotely."
Perfect for remodeling and easy to use, the new GE wall ovens will fit in 75 percent of existing wall oven cutouts already in consumers' homes.***
- Notification lighting makes it easy to multitask while cooking your favorite food to perfection. An industry-first LED lighting strip between the top of the oven door and the bottom of the control panel pulses during preheating and progressively illuminates bar lights during timed cooking. The light allows you to quickly see the oven's progress while you do something else.
- The oven's multiple racks were designed to be left in the oven during the self-clean cycle for ease and convenience.
- The new wall oven boasts five cubic feet of capacity, one of the largest in the industry.
"Wall ovens and other built-ins are the flagship products of GE's cooking business and where new technologies and innovations are introduced," said Bostock. "Cooking technologies and trends typically start in wall ovens and migrate to other platforms as time passes. It's very exciting to be working on the future of cooking in the U.S."
GE's new wall ovens are assembled in Lafayette, Ga., and are available now. The wall ovens retail for a MSRP of $999 - $3,599.**** Models are available in black, white and stainless finishes. GE models are available in single- and double-oven configurations in both 30 and 27 inches.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or check out our website for more information
Friend GE Appliances on Facebook to view how-to videos, learn about new GE appliances and join in the discussion with other GE appliance owners. Join today and follow @GE_Appliances on Twitter or just locate detailed information about our products at www.geappliances.com.
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people's lives. GE Appliances' products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYS: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
* Requires the GE Brillion iPhone® or Android™ app for smartphones or tablets. Available for free from iTunes® and the Google Play store. iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. © 2012 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
**True European Convection with Direct Air only available on 30-inch models.
*** Install base of Whirlpool, Jenn-air, Maytag, KitchenAid, GE and Kenmore is determined by historical share data from Traqline. Maytag models from 2005: current; assumes install followed recommended installation guidelines. Kenmore models from 1993-2005; assumes install followed recommended installation guidelines.
****Retailers set their own prices.
Julie Wood, 502-452-5914
KEYWORDS: United States North America Connecticut Kentucky
The article Roam Sweet Home: Connection/Convection Tech in New GE® Wall Ovens Sets Home Cooks Free originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.