Staples' Omnichannel Stores Showcase the Future of Retail
New format combines power of Staples' retail network with capabilities of world's second largest internet retailer
FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Staples, the world's largest office products company, today announced the launch of its first omnichannel stores, which combine the power of the company's expansive retail network with the digital capabilities of the world's second largest internet retailer. The stores, located in Norwood, MA, and Dover, DE, incorporate Staples.com and Staples' mobile assets into the retail experience, letting customers shop how they want.
Several new Staples.com kiosks in Staples' omnichannel stores provide customers with access to more than 100,000 items. (Photo: Business Wire)
The stores feature several new Staples.com kiosks, providing customers with access to more items than ever, as Staples continues to drive towards its vision of providing every product businesses need to succeed. Through the kiosks, customers can select from more than 100,000 items, including the latest tech products, furniture, school supplies, and cleaning and breakroom items. And, Staples.com offers free, next business day delivery to more than 98 percent of North America. When they're done shopping, customers can either complete their transactions at the kiosk or the store register.
The omnichannel stores also feature consultation areas for small business customers who need help from Staples EasyTech™ and Copy and Print associates.
"We listened to our customers and provided the products, services and features they need to succeed," said Demos Parneros, President North America Stores and Online. "Our stores make efficient use of space while offering more products and services than ever through our mobile and online features. We also know that shopping is an occasion and we've created a fun experience for our customers. We're very proud of our omnichannel stores and this is just the beginning as we'll continue to evolve our network."
The omnichannel stores enable Staples to test and launch products and capabilities as the company brings the latest features to its retail network. Additional features of the new stores include:
- A Business Lounge, combining digital interactions with the store experience. The Business Lounge includes meeting space and work stations for mobile professionals and lets customers research and order from Staples' expanded selection of products
- The ability to reserve online and pick up in store, providing the convenience of Staples' retail network to online shoppers
- New Staples EasyTech™ and Copy & Print spaces, displaying the latest service offerings and featuring consultation areas that allow Staples' trained associates to better assist small business customers
- Staples.com and omnichannel touch screen stations, which provide an "endless aisle" experience with Staples' expanded assortment online
- An ink and toner finder, which lets customers easily track past purchases and find the right ink and toner for them. If their exact ink isn't available in-store, a Staples associate can help them order it online and ship it to them for free, another reason Staples is America's number one choice for ink and toner
In addition to the new omnichannel stores, Staples recently launched its industry-leading Staples Rewards program with new benefits that include five percent back in rewards on everything and free-shipping from Staples.com. The Plus and Premier Staples Rewards members receive free Staples EasyTech™ services and Office on the Go services for the mobile small business owner, including shredding and scanning.
Staples is the world's largest office products company and second largest internet retailer. For 27 years, Staples has served the needs of business customers and its vision is to provide every product businesses need to succeed. Through its world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities, Staples offers office supplies, technology products and services, facilities and breakroom supplies, furniture, copy and print services and a wide range of other product categories. With thousands of associates worldwide dedicated to making it easy for businesses of all sizes, Staples operates throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (NAS: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts
The article Staples' Omnichannel Stores Showcase the Future of Retail originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.