Tech's Highest-Paid CEOs
by CNNMoney Jun 18th 2013 12:27PM
1. Larry Ellison: $96.2 millionCompany: OracleCash compensation: $5.5 millionStock and options: $90.7 millionTotal compensation 1-year change: 24%
Despite his $1 salary, Ellison is not only the highest paid tech CEO this year, but the highest paid of all CEOs.
Most of Ellison's pay comes from his stock grants. In June of 2011 he was given an option to purchase 7 million shares of Oracle (ORCL) common stock.
2. Marissa Mayer: $36.6 millionCompany: YahooCash compensation: $1.6 millionStock and options: $35 millionTotal compensation 1-year change: N/A
Mayer left Google (GOOG) to join Yahoo (YHOO) as its CEO, president and a board member in July of 2012. Her base salary was set at $1 million with an annual bonus target set at $2 million a year.
Though she only took home $6 million last year, Mayer reached No. 2 on this list because she was also offered a one-time retention award when she was hired, consisting of stock grants that could total $30 million when they vest over the next five years.
3. John Donahoe: $29.7 millionCompany: eBayCash compensation: $4 millionStock and options: $25.7 millionTotal compensation 1-year change: 81%
The 81% jump in in Donahoe's salary this year is largely due to a one-time award of about $14.9 million paid in stock. According to a regulatory filing, Donahoe got the grant because he led eBay (EBAY) "successfully through a difficult turnaround ... and positioned it well for additional growth."
4. Marc Benioff: $22.1 millionCompany: Salesforce.comCash compensation: $3.2 millionStock and options: $18.9 millionTotal compensation 1-year change: 25%
Benioff's base salary has been set at $1 million for the past two years. He received a $1.3 million cash bonus last year and almost $19 million in Salesforce.com (CRM) stock options and awards. He also received $650,000 to cover costs related to his personal security, which is "of paramount importance to the company," according to a regulatory filing.
5. Randall Stephenson: $21 millionCompany: AT&TCash compensation: $8.4 millionStock and options: $12.6 millionTotal compensation 1-year change: 12%
Stephenson, who has served as CEO and president of AT&T (T) since 2007, was paid a $6 million bonus on top of his $1.6 million base salary in 2012. About $13 million of his pay came in the form of stock and awards.
6. Paul Jacobs: $20.7 millionCompany: QualcommCash compensation: $5.7 millionStock and options: $15 millionTotal compensation 1-year change: -5%
Jacobs was given a $3.4 million cash bonus on top of his $1.2 million salary. Other compensation for the CEO included more than $280,000 for personal use of Qualcomm's (QCOM) corporate aircraft and more than $4,000 for things such as home office costs, personal travel and entertainment.
Continue on CNNMoney:
More from CNNMoney:
- More on DailyFinance:
More from CNNMoney: