Engadget Opens Applications for Independent Inventor Competition
Insert Coin: New Challengers competition brings undiscovered innovation to Expand NY
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Engadget's second Insert Coin: New Challengers competition, aimed at helping to make inventors' dreams a reality, is now accepting submissions. The inventor contest brings together Engadget editors, readers and a panel of expert judges to help choose consumer tech's next great gadget.
Prizes include cash to fund the winning project, an Engadget review and the chance to debut the product on stage in front of audience members, influencers and press at Expand NY. Submissions will be accepted here beginning June 17 through September 27, 2013.
Additional key dates include:
- 20 contenders announced—October 4
- Open online voting—October 4 through October 10
- 10 semi-finalists announced—October 14
- 10 semifinalists will receive tickets to Expand NY and a $1,000 travel stipend to cover associated event costs
- One Judges' Choice winner will receive $10,000 and a product review on Engadget
- One Readers' Choice winner will receive $15,000 and a product review on Engadget
And for the latest information about speakers, exhibitors, and event news please stay tuned to the Engadget Expand hub.
Insert Coin Rules:
- Existing products / updates to existing products will not be accepted.
- Product should not be announced, though those with limited coverage will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Product must not have an existing Kickstarter, Indiegogo or other crowdfunding effort already underway.
- Companies must be ready to launch crowdfunding campaigns around the event.
- Products must fall within Engadget's coverage scope.
- Products must have a hardware component and not be purely software or web services in origin.
- Inventors will need a working prototype or other presentation for a team of Engadget editors ahead of the event.
- Simulations or product renderings will not suffice to enter Insert Coin; what you have to show to us must be functional.
- No products from major manufacturers will be accepted.
- Rules are subject to change and qualified submissions are not guaranteed for inclusion.
Full official rules: For the full legalese please be sure to read the Official Rules. Most notably in addition to the above, you must be 13 years of age or older and reside in the U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec).
About Engadget Expand
Engadget Expand is designed to connect consumer electronics enthusiasts with the products and people they care most about. Expand New York, an immersive, hands-on experience, will feature the Insert Coin competition for inventors, exclusive and engaging sessions with consumer electronics luminaries, and showfloor exhibits with the latest technology. The event will take place November 9-10, 2013 at the Javits Center in New York.
Interested sponsors should contact email@example.com for more information about being a part of the event. Members of the media who wish to cover the show should inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about Insert Coin or general event questions, please contact email@example.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article Engadget Opens Applications for Independent Inventor Competition originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.