Applebee's ® Restaurants Tackles "Food Envy" with Take Two, Starting at $10.99
Survey: Half of Restaurant-Goers Worry How Their Order Will Stack Up
KANSAS CITY, Mo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Half of American restaurant-goers admit to experiencing "Food Envy" - feelings of jealousy, remorse or insecurity - about how their order compares to those around them when they dine out, according to a recent survey* conducted by Applebee's® restaurants, America's favorite neighborhood grill and bar.
With Applebee's new Take Two, starting at $10.99, guests can sample two Fresh Flavors of Summer menu selections like the Blackened Sirloin and Green Goddess Wedge salad. (Photo: Business Wire)
Applebee's has cured this age-old conundrum with the launch of Take Two. Guests can now sample two of Applebee's new Fresh Flavors of Summer selections, mixing and matching as they please, for one low price starting at $10.99.
"We've all been there," said Becky Johnson, Applebee's Senior Vice President of Marketing and Culinary. "You order your favorite, go-to menu item. Then, a delicious-looking entrée is placed not in front of you, but the person next to you and jealousy sets in. Our solution is Take Two. Pick your staple, then experiment with something new. Take that, 'Food Envy.'"
With Take Two, gone are the worries of committing to something new, ordering the same thing as the person next to you or stealing a taste from your companion's plate.
The survey also revealed interesting facts where Millennials are concerned. As a whole, this group reported the most order angst when dining out.
"Food Envy" & Millennials
- 60 percent of Millennials (ages 18-29) admit to experiencing "Food Envy."
- More than half of Millennials order last at a restaurant so they can see what others order first.
- Millennial women have it the worst, with 70 percent reporting they experience "Food Envy" on a regular basis.
Applebee's Take Two menu options include Applebee's favorites and selections from the new Fresh Flavors of Summer menu introduced in May, including:
- The Green Goddess Wedge Saladpays homage to the retro Green Goddess dressing. This creamy avocado and basil based dressing is ladled over a crisp wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with bacon, honey-glazed pecans, bleu cheese and parsley.
- The Garlic Rosemary Chicken Pasta is grilled chicken glazed with garlic, thyme and rosemary, paired with grilled asparagus, artichokes, portabello mushrooms and roasted tomatoes and served over a bowl of fettuccine and lightly tossed in bruschetta with toasted garlic bread.
- Theis a 4oz. sirloin rubbed with blackened seasonings and basted with lime butter served on a bed of crispy red potatoes tossed in a tomato pesto sauce. A side of steamed red potatoes adds color and flavor to this new summertime favorite.
- The Lemon Shrimp Fettuccine features citrus notes perfect for summer. Seared plump shrimp are complemented with tomatoes, onions, fresh spinach and basil and served over fettuccine noodles lightly tossed in a roasted garlic cream sauce and topped with artichokes, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese blend.
- The Seasonal Berry and Spinach Saladis so fresh and flavorful, it can go with almost any pairing! Fresh blueberries, sliced ripe strawberries and vibrant spinach are tossed in our strawberry vinaigrette then topped with grilled chicken breast, bleu cheese crumbles and honey-glazed pecans.
About Applebee's Services, Inc.
Applebee's (www.applebees.com) is the world's largest casual dining chain, with approximately 2,000 locations in 49 states, 15 countries and one U.S. territory. Based in Kansas City, Mo., Applebee's takes pride in providing a welcoming, neighborhood environment where everyone can enjoy the dining experience. Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar® is a DineEquity, Inc. (NYS: DIN) brand, and is franchised and operated by Applebee's Services, Inc. and its affiliates.
*Results gathered from a survey of 1018 adults conducted for Applebee's by Toluna, a leading market research firm. Margin of error =/- 3.07%.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Missouri
The article Applebee's® Restaurants Tackles "Food Envy" with Take Two, Starting at $10.99 originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.