Citrix Redefines Enterprise Mobility with XenMobile Enterprise
May 22nd 2013 1:16PM
Updated May 22nd 2013 2:35PM
Citrix Redefines Enterprise Mobility with XenMobile Enterprise
Industry's Most Comprehensive Solution to Manage Mobile Apps, Data and Devices
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix announced XenMobile™ Enterprise, the revolutionary new way to mobilize your business. Citrix XenMobile Enterprise edition combines mobile device, app and data management, a unified corporate app store, mobile productivity apps and "one-touch" live support into an inclusive solution for delivering mobile services to business. XenMobile Enterprise includes secure mobile productivity apps such as email and web browsing, as well as secure document sharing, syncing and editing. The beautifully designed integration of these mobile services differentiates Citrix from other companies in the enterprise mobility market.
Today, Citrix also announced a new mobile app market built for XenMobile, focused on business apps. The new app market will include over 80 apps from leading mobile app vendors - nearly three times the number supported by other mobile technology providers.
Mobilizing the enterprise is about more than mobile devices. It is about people, productivity and the protection of intellectual property. Today's workforce requires secure and seamless access to apps and data from any mobile device. Employees need mobile, Windows, web and SaaS apps from an easy to use unified corporate app store. They need the ability to view, edit, sync and share data on the go. They also need live mobile support from any device they choose. With its breadth of secure mobile technologies spanning device, app and data management, mobile productivity apps and live support, Citrix XenMobile Enterprise is the only solution that delivers everything required to mobilize the enterprise.
- Broad Device Support - Citrix supports the broadest array of devices, from desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets to Android-enabled cameras and USB sticks. XenMobile has extended its device support to manage and secure new ViewSonic Android-based smart displays. These displays come pre-loaded with XenMobile, allowing IT to remotely deliver and secure apps and data on these devices.
- Mobile Productivity Apps Built for Business - Citrix has introduced Worx Mobile Apps, a collection of apps built for business. Worx Mobile Apps include Citrix apps like WorxMail, WorxWeb, Citrix ShareFile®, GoToMeeting® and Podio™, as well as third-party apps that are Worx-enabled via a simple and powerful SDK. IT can find Worx-enabled apps in the new Worx App Gallery and deliver these apps to users' devices via XenMobile.
- View and Edit Documents on any Mobile Device - The integration of ShareFile with XenMobile allows users to view, edit and share data within a secure container on their mobile device. Users get seamless mobile access to enterprise data in the cloud or on-premises including corporate network drives and SharePoint. With anywhere, any device access to enterprise data and a built-in mobile content editor, users can edit, annotate and add free-form signatures.
- One-Touch Access to Live Support - With the integration of GoToAssist® Service Desk and Remote Support with XenMobile Enterprise, Citrix is simplifying the support experience for mobile users and ensuring companies are able to maintain maximum uptime and productivity for their mobile workforce. With "one-touch" access, mobile users have a critical lifeline to request live support. Users can initiate service-desk tickets and chat sessions instantly from their mobile devices. They can also transition to full remote support sessions with their help desk teams. Support technicians can retrieve rich user account and device diagnostic information to troubleshoot problems with mobile devices and apps. Technicians can also remotely view and control devices, where allowed by the device OS, for unique and completely comprehensive mobile support.
Stephen Drake, Program Vice President for Mobility Enterprise at IDC
"Customers are continuing to ask for consolidation of enterprise mobility technologies under a single provider. The introduction of XenMobile Enterprise with the inclusion of Citrix mobile apps demonstrates that Citrix continues to make strides and is raising its visibility as a key enterprise mobility company through a growing portfolio of technologies."
Amit Pandey, Vice President and General Manager, Mobile Platforms Group at Citrix
"The powerful combination of tightly-integrated Citrix mobile technologies and best-in-class remote support is a game-changer in enterprise mobility. This unique offering delivers all of the functionality needed to mobilize the enterprise."
XenMobile Enterprise will be available in June 2013. XenMobile Enterprise is licensed with per-device and per-user options on an annual or perpetual term, starting at $65 per year per device. One license of GoToAssist is included with the purchase of XenMobile Enterprise as a limited time promotion - special terms apply.
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces New Cloud Solutions to Power Mobile Workstyles
- Announcement: Citrix Unveils Worx Mobile Apps
- Blog: XenMobile Enterprise Becomes The One Stop Shop for Enterprise Mobility Solutions
- Partner blog: Cisco and Citrix Collaborate on Mobile Solutions
- Partner blog: Citrix Unveils Enterprise Mobile Management Platform
- Announcement video: Citrix Redefines Enterprise Mobility with XenMobile
- Worx Ecosystem page
- Citrix Synergy page
- Citrix Synergy LA newsroom
- XenMobile product page
- ShareFile product page
- GoToAssist product page
- Twitter: @Citrix, @XenMobile, @ShareFile, @GoToAssist, #citrixsynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix (NAS: CTXS) is the cloud company that enables mobile workstyles—empowering people to work and collaborate from anywhere, securely accessing apps and data on any of the latest devices, as easily as they would in their own office. Citrix solutions help IT and service providers build clouds, leveraging virtualization and networking technologies to deliver high-performance, elastic and cost-effective cloud services. With market-leading cloud solutions for mobility, desktop virtualization, networking, cloud platforms, collaboration and data sharing, Citrix helps organizations of all sizes achieve the speed and agility necessary to succeed in a mobile and dynamic world. Citrix products are in use at more than 260,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Annual revenue in 2012 was $2.59 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix®, XenMobile™, ShareFile™, Citrix Receiver™, GoToAssist® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Citrix Redefines Enterprise Mobility with XenMobile Enterprise originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.