See the full list: Fortune 500: America's largest companies

More from CNNMoney:

20 biggest stock gainers

20 most profitable companies

Best big companies to work for

What is Short Selling?

Make a profit when stocks prices fall.

Investor’s Toolbox

Improve your investing savvy with the right financial toolset.

ralleg1003

May 06 2013 at 11:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ralleg1003

what the hell do you want from me?

May 06 2013 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sandratrealtor

It would be fun, interesting and maybe benefcial to an old lady.

May 06 2013 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sandratrealtor

i want to invest so much but have very little money so interested in penny stocks. I have nooooooo idea w to do it. I can't pay a stock broker, and i don't know where to go to learn how to do this.
sandra tennison sandratrealtor@aol.com

May 06 2013 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sandratrealtor's comment
alfredschrader

Sandrarealtor you sound sincere so I'll try and help you. Legally, I can't offer you investment advice, but here is a hint of what I did. I started out like you in 1977. Today, on paper I'm the wealthiest person on earth. In general it's not a good idea to invest in the stockmarket while it's making record highs like it is now. I suggest save your money, there will be a correction - a market term for profit taking by large investors. When people sell stocks, the prices tend to fall.
You say you are starting out small. In a case like that I would buy stocks with solid dividend histories. Stocks for good solid profitable companies pay dividends - they send you a check every three months (a quarter is 3 months).
I would suggest buy some of these stocks and save the dividends adding more to them as you gain financially. Then invest these dividend/etc. funds into more stocks.
You don't have to "hire" a stock broker, simply open an account by filling out the forms.
You pay a small commission fee each time you buy or sell a stock.
Hope this helps you.

May 06 2013 at 6:12 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to alfredschrader's comment
Hunggar20

What about me mr schrader I\'d like to have make money too but don\'t have enough to invest in would like to make at least a million and put it in the swiss bank and live off of the interest and do it in an easy fashion

May 07 2013 at 1:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
Sandra

You needed to click on the Gallery: Fortune 500 link. This will start the "picture gallery" shown above naming the 10 companies.

May 06 2013 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leahw

who is leahw

May 06 2013 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaltonCooper

what is the top 10? not interested in the top 50 even though I clicked through them...................

May 06 2013 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaltonCooper

I was interested in the top 10 and you pulled a trick on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 06 2013 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply