See the full list: Fortune 500: America's largest companies

More from CNNMoney:

20 biggest stock gainers

20 most profitable companies

Best big companies to work for

Professional Vs Do it Yourself Investing

Should you get advice or DYI?

Portfolio Basics

What are stocks? Learn how to start investing.

ralleg1003

May 06 2013 at 11:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ralleg1003

what the hell do you want from me?

May 06 2013 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sandratrealtor

It would be fun, interesting and maybe benefcial to an old lady.

May 06 2013 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sandratrealtor

i want to invest so much but have very little money so interested in penny stocks. I have nooooooo idea w to do it. I can't pay a stock broker, and i don't know where to go to learn how to do this.
sandra tennison sandratrealtor@aol.com

May 06 2013 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sandratrealtor's comment
alfredschrader

Sandrarealtor you sound sincere so I'll try and help you. Legally, I can't offer you investment advice, but here is a hint of what I did. I started out like you in 1977. Today, on paper I'm the wealthiest person on earth. In general it's not a good idea to invest in the stockmarket while it's making record highs like it is now. I suggest save your money, there will be a correction - a market term for profit taking by large investors. When people sell stocks, the prices tend to fall.
You say you are starting out small. In a case like that I would buy stocks with solid dividend histories. Stocks for good solid profitable companies pay dividends - they send you a check every three months (a quarter is 3 months).
I would suggest buy some of these stocks and save the dividends adding more to them as you gain financially. Then invest these dividend/etc. funds into more stocks.
You don't have to "hire" a stock broker, simply open an account by filling out the forms.
You pay a small commission fee each time you buy or sell a stock.
Hope this helps you.

May 06 2013 at 6:12 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to alfredschrader's comment
Hunggar20

What about me mr schrader I\'d like to have make money too but don\'t have enough to invest in would like to make at least a million and put it in the swiss bank and live off of the interest and do it in an easy fashion

May 07 2013 at 1:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
Sandra

You needed to click on the Gallery: Fortune 500 link. This will start the "picture gallery" shown above naming the 10 companies.

May 06 2013 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leahw

who is leahw

May 06 2013 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaltonCooper

what is the top 10? not interested in the top 50 even though I clicked through them...................

May 06 2013 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaltonCooper

I was interested in the top 10 and you pulled a trick on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 06 2013 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply