Cooper Tire Rewards Shoppers During Spring Savings Event
FINDLAY, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cooper Tire is giving consumers the opportunity to take advantage of savings on select Cooper tires during its Spring Savings Event May 1 to June 30.
Consumers are eligible to receive up to an $80 Visa® prepaid card when purchasing a new set of four qualifying Cooper tires through participating dealers in the U.S., Canada, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
Spring Savings Event eligible products include:
- CS4 Touring
- Discoverer CTS
- Cooper Zeon RS3-S and RS3-A
- Discoverer H/T
- Discoverer HTP (Available only at select U.S. retailers.)
- Discoverer LSX and LSX Plus (Available only at select U.S. retailers.)
Consumers can obtain full terms and conditions, product information, and get an official mail-in form by visiting a local Cooper Tire dealer. U.S. rewards can be tracked at www.coopertirerebates.com or in Canada at www.coopertirerebates.ca. Visit www.coopertire.com or www.coopertire.ca to find a local dealer.
Cooper Tire also encourages consumers to be aware of tips that can lengthen the lifespan of tires and provide maximum handling, performance and gas mileage for vehicles.
Not only is ongoing preventive maintenance a great way to help ensure the safety of the vehicle and its passengers, it is also the best method to maximize tires' performance, saving money by prolonging tire lifespan and improving fuel economy. Cooper Tire recommends these procedures be practiced at least once a month and before long trips as part of drivers' normal vehicle upkeep. They take less than 10 minutes to perform.
- Check air pressure: Tire pressure plays a critical role in the overall performance of tires. Under inflation creates excessive stress on the tire, while over inflation can cause uneven wear in addition to handling and braking issues. Proper air pressure can improve gas mileage by more than three percent, reducing gasoline consumption and expense. Reference the vehicle owner's manual or tire placard attached to the vehicle door edge, door post, glove box door or fuel door for your tires' correct pressure. Keep in mind, the tire pressure listed on the tires' sidewall indicates maximum pressure.
- Check wheel alignment: Wheel alignment and balancing are important for safety and maximum mileage from tires. Alignment should be checked periodically as specified by the vehicle owner's manual or when there is an indication of trouble such as pulling, vibration or irregular tire wear. Inspect tires at least once per month for signs of uneven wear or damage (i.e., cuts, cracks, splits, punctures, bulges and impacts). These conditions shorten the life of tires and may cause tire damage or failure if not corrected.
- Rotate tires: Rotating tires on a regular basis ensures more uniform wear, which results in extended life for your tires. Unless the vehicle owner's manual has a specific recommendation, the rule of thumb for tire rotation is every 6,000 miles.
- Examine tread: Bald tires can skid and slide on pavement, and are more likely to be damaged by potholes and other road hazards. Cooper tires have a built-in "tread wear indicator," making it simple to monitor tread wear. Drivers can check tread depth by inserting a tread depth gauge into the tread. If it is less than four millimeters deep or worn to 2/32 of an inch at any location on the tire, it is time to replace the tire.
About Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (NYS: CTB) is the parent company of a global family of companies that specialize in the design, manufacture, marketing, and sales of passenger car and light truck tires. Cooper has joint ventures, affiliates and subsidiaries that also specialize in medium truck, motorcycle and racing tires. Cooper's headquarters is in Findlay, Ohio, with manufacturing, sales, distribution, technical and design facilities within its family of companies located in 11 countries around the world. For more information on Cooper, visit www.coopertire.com, www.facebook.com/coopertire or www.twitter.com/coopertire.
Michelle Rehbein, 419-424-4251
KEYWORDS: United States North America Canada Ohio
The article Cooper Tire Rewards Shoppers During Spring Savings Event originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.