AT&T Announces Preliminary Results of 2013 Annual Meeting
CHEYENNE, Wyo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- At its annual meeting of stockholders today, AT&T Inc. (NYS: T) announced that each of the 13 nominees were reelected to the company's board of directors for one-year terms, with each member receiving at least 97.6 percent of the shares voted. The board members are:
- Randall L. Stephenson
- Gilbert F. Amelio
- Reuben V. Anderson
- James H. Blanchard
- Jaime Chico Pardo
- Scott T. Ford
- James P. Kelly
- Jon C. Madonna
- Michael B. McCallister
- John B. McCoy
- Joyce M. Roché
- Matthew K. Rose
- Laura D'Andrea Tyson
Additionally, AT&T stockholders voted to approve the following items proposed by the board of directors:
- The appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as the company's independent auditor, with 98.3 percent of shares cast in favor and 1.7 percent cast against.
- In an advisory vote, the compensation of AT&T's executive officers as described in the 2013 proxy statement, with 94.5 percent of shares cast in favor and 5.5 percent cast against.
- The Stock Purchase and Deferral Plan, with 95.9 percent of shares cast in favor and 4.1 percent cast against.
The following proposals from stockholders were also voted on:
- A proposal asking AT&T to issue a semi-annual report on political contributions and the policies and procedures for making such contributions was defeated by a vote of 74.6 percent against to 25.4 percent in favor.
- A proposal asking that AT&T issue a report on lead battery disposal options was defeated by a vote of 72.9 percent against to 27.1 percent in favor.
- A proposal asking that AT&T seek stockholder approval of certain severance agreements was defeated by a vote of 54.1 percent against to 45.9 percent in favor.
- A proposal asking that AT&T adopt a policy that the chairman of the board be an independent director was defeated by a vote of 74.6 percent against to 25.4 percent in favor.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYS: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates - AT&T operating companies - are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
McCall Butler, 917-209-5792 (Mobile)
KEYWORDS: United States North America Texas Wyoming
The article AT&T Announces Preliminary Results of 2013 Annual Meeting originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.