- Days left
From getting a Tibetan terrier puppy to saving for an engagement ring, here's how six people plan to spend their tax refund this year.

More from CNNMoney:

Basics Of The Stock Market

Stock Market 101 - everything you need to know but were afraid to ask!

Introduction to Retirement Funds

Target date funds help you maintain a long term portfolio.

TurboTax Articles

8 Things You Think Are Tax Deductible That Aren't

There?s a fine line between looking to save money on your taxes and taking deductions that will raise eyebrows at the Internal Revenue Service. Some taxpayers are tripped up by expenses that they assume are tax deductions, but don?t qualify under IRS guidelines. Here are a dozen items that can lead to unpleasant surprises in case of an audit.

9 Things You Didn't Know Were Tax Deductions

Few realizations are more painful than realizing that you forgot to include a tax deduction that would have lowered your tax bill or increased your tax refund on your tax return. Here are some tax deductions that you shouldn't overlook.

A Comparative Look at State Taxes

Ever wondered which state has the highest gas tax or the lowest overall tax burden? Interact with the infographic below to compare income tax, property tax, and other taxes by state.

Robert Young

Probably spending their money on much higher gas and food prices caused by obama's marxist fiscal, monetary and regulatory policies

April 16 2013 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michele

WHAT REFUND????? I'm a widow with no children at home so I just keep paying, and paying!

April 16 2013 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
silverfawn

Bills, bills and more bills....

April 16 2013 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bubbarx99999

I will use it to help make up for the $2400 that un-Affordable Health Care is costing family my year.

April 15 2013 at 8:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bakethis

It's not a refund, it's an over payment.

April 15 2013 at 6:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
teltech544

I put my money in my mattress. Hopefully the economy will get better after you know who gets done screwing the lower and middle classes over royally. But for now I am going to sleep on it. (Pun intended)

April 15 2013 at 6:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
crysssy

Paying bills with my small refund.

April 15 2013 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bobmc369

Not buying anything. Why pay more taxes? This is my money. I am using my refund to pay down and eliminate most of my debt. Putting the rest away as part of my future retirement expenses and Medicare (seeing the government is setting up to screw me later).

April 14 2013 at 2:16 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply