- Days left
From getting a Tibetan terrier puppy to saving for an engagement ring, here's how six people plan to spend their tax refund this year.

More from CNNMoney:

Understanding Credit Scores

Credit scores matter -- learn how to improve your score.

How Financial Planners go Grocery Shopping

Learn to shop smart and save.

TurboTax Articles

When the IRS Classifies Your Business as a Hobby

If your business claims a net loss for too many years, or fails to meet other requirements, the IRS may classify it as a hobby, which would prevent you from claiming a loss related to the business. If the IRS classifies your business as a hobby, you'll have to prove that you had a valid profit motive if you want to claim those deductions.

What is IRS Form 8917?

If you, your spouse or dependents attended post-secondary school, you may be able to deduct a portion of the tuition and fees by reporting it on IRS Form 8717.

Robert Young

Probably spending their money on much higher gas and food prices caused by obama's marxist fiscal, monetary and regulatory policies

April 16 2013 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michele

WHAT REFUND????? I'm a widow with no children at home so I just keep paying, and paying!

April 16 2013 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
silverfawn

Bills, bills and more bills....

April 16 2013 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bubbarx99999

I will use it to help make up for the $2400 that un-Affordable Health Care is costing family my year.

April 15 2013 at 8:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bakethis

It's not a refund, it's an over payment.

April 15 2013 at 6:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
teltech544

I put my money in my mattress. Hopefully the economy will get better after you know who gets done screwing the lower and middle classes over royally. But for now I am going to sleep on it. (Pun intended)

April 15 2013 at 6:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
crysssy

Paying bills with my small refund.

April 15 2013 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bobmc369

Not buying anything. Why pay more taxes? This is my money. I am using my refund to pay down and eliminate most of my debt. Putting the rest away as part of my future retirement expenses and Medicare (seeing the government is setting up to screw me later).

April 14 2013 at 2:16 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply