- Days left
From getting a Tibetan terrier puppy to saving for an engagement ring, here's how six people plan to spend their tax refund this year.

More from CNNMoney:

Banking Services 101

Understand your bank's services, and how to get the most from them

Economics 101

Intro to economics. But fun.

TurboTax Articles

Rental Property Deductions You Can Take at Tax Time

Rental property often offers larger deductions and tax benefits than most investments. Many of these are overlooked by landlords at tax time. This can make a difference in making a profit or losing money on your real estate venture. If you own a rental property, the IRS allows you to deduct expenses you pay for the upkeep and maintenance of the property, conserving and managing the property, and other expenses deemed necessary and associated with property rental.

Robert Young

Probably spending their money on much higher gas and food prices caused by obama's marxist fiscal, monetary and regulatory policies

April 16 2013 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michele

WHAT REFUND????? I'm a widow with no children at home so I just keep paying, and paying!

April 16 2013 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
silverfawn

Bills, bills and more bills....

April 16 2013 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bubbarx99999

I will use it to help make up for the $2400 that un-Affordable Health Care is costing family my year.

April 15 2013 at 8:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bakethis

It's not a refund, it's an over payment.

April 15 2013 at 6:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
teltech544

I put my money in my mattress. Hopefully the economy will get better after you know who gets done screwing the lower and middle classes over royally. But for now I am going to sleep on it. (Pun intended)

April 15 2013 at 6:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
crysssy

Paying bills with my small refund.

April 15 2013 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bobmc369

Not buying anything. Why pay more taxes? This is my money. I am using my refund to pay down and eliminate most of my debt. Putting the rest away as part of my future retirement expenses and Medicare (seeing the government is setting up to screw me later).

April 14 2013 at 2:16 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply