NCR Makes Everyday Easier for Airport Managers and Air Travelers
Global technology company showcases innovative solutions to transform the travel experience at Passenger Terminal Expo 2013
DULUTH, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Airports and airlines are increasingly looking to provide passengers with technology solutions that make the travel experience faster and more convenient. NCR Corporation's leading travel software, hardware and services are designed to help airlines and airports:
- Operate more efficiently and empower travelers by automating the entire check-in process from self-bag-tag to re-accommodation;
- Engage travelers more effectively by delivering right-time, right-place offers and information to passengers through the channel of their choice and;
- Sell more profitably by engaging passengers at all points from check-in to boarding gate and making the shopping experience more convenient and interactive.
Among the solutions on display:
- The NCR TouchPort™ 100 next-generation travel kiosk features a sleek design, small footprint, 19-inch touchscreen, document reader and self-bag-tag functionality. The flexible and modular configuration can meet a variety of passenger needs, including checking in at main terminals and checking flight status, making upgrades or ancillary purchases when the kiosk is installed in other areas of the airport. The TouchPort 100 can be remotely managed and monitored for the highest levels of availability.
- The NCR SelfServ™ 60 is a versatile kiosk that enables airlines and airports to improve the passenger experience by making it fast and convenient to shop and purchase ancillary services, rebook flight in the case of cancellations or delays, and more. The flexible kiosk can be deployed in many airside locations and can be integrated with a range of NCR printers, peripherals, pedestals and enclosures. It can also be customized with colors and signage to match specific brands or décors.
- The NCR APTRA eMarketing software is a powerful tool for providing custom offers and promotions to travelers through a variety of channels, including printed or mobile boarding passes and email campaigns. APTRA eMarketing drives additional revenue by giving travelers timely and relevant offers that can incent additional purchases at airline shops or restaurants or on board an aircraft.
- The NCR Netkey Endless Aisle software and NCR SelfServ 85 Slimline kiosk brings a high-style, interactive shopping experience to airports and airport retailers. NCR NetKey seamlessly integrates with back end e-commerce systems to enable travellers shopping at the airport to browse for product information, check inventory and order out-of-stock items or products not carried in the store. The NCR SelfServ 85 Slimline kiosk features a 32-inch screen to display powerful interactive images while in use. When not in use, it can display a wide variety of advertising, promotional or wayfinding messages.
To learn more about the technology solutions NCR will be highlighting at Passenger Terminal Expo 2013, please click here or visit the NCR booth #1160 during the show.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYS: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR's assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Mark Scott, 678-808-7721
KEYWORDS: United States North America Georgia
The article NCR Makes Everyday Easier for Airport Managers and Air Travelers originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.