Blackbaud CRM Release Features Mobile, Social and Web Enhancements
Apr 9th 2013 8:37AM
Updated Apr 9th 2013 8:42AM
Blackbaud CRM Release Features Mobile, Social and Web Enhancements
Blackbaud tops ZDNet CRM Watchlist as highest scoring technology firm
CHARLESTON, S.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Blackbaud, Inc. (Nasdaq: BLKB) today announced a new release of Blackbaud CRM™, including an enhanced mobile CRM experience, embedded Internet and social tools, full-featured web deployment and device independence.
"The enhancements in the latest release of Blackbaud CRM are aimed at helping nonprofits better engage with constituents, improving the user experience, and providing organizations flexible configuration options," said Eric de Jager, Blackbaud's vice president of product management. "This release builds on the work we've been doing to deliver simplicity in fundraising, unparalleled data hygiene tools, and integrated marketing across multiple programs and channels."
Blackbaud CRM brings together industry-leading fundraising, online applications, actionable prospect research and analytics, and multichannel direct marketing together in one platform to provide an integrated view of the constituent experience across an organization. Built to handle the unique needs of cause and cure, healthcare and other large direct response marketing organizations, higher education institutions and international NGOs, Blackbaud CRM works with nonprofits' unique processes to allow easier access to data and to offer a complete view of constituent and alumni activity.
Key enhancements in the new release of Blackbaud CRM include:
- Mobile CRM - putting the power of Blackbaud CRM in an easy-to-use mobile environment. Users can now view and create favorites, manage constituents and prospects, create and edit interactions and more.
- Web deployment and user experience - providing a complete web-based experience with full-feature support and the flexibility of access from any preferred browser or device - including tablets. User experience enhancements include improved search capabilities and a more intuitive and comprehensive constituent view.
- Social accounts in constituent view - users can now add and directly link to constituents' social media accounts right from the constituent view, making it easier to build relationships. As an additional offering, Blackbaud's Social Scoring data enrichment service provides social media account information and also returns valuable insight about constituents' social engagement.
- Expanded international capabilities - United Kingdom and European customers online claim submission has been added for Gift Aid as has support for the new Single European Payments Area.
- Expanded membership options - to manage mid-term membership upgrades, fixed expiration dates, membership campaigns, and recurring gifts. This, along with an enhanced member services view, provides a complete view of constituents by providing a single snapshot of key member details and flexible management options.
- Embedded Internet tools - allowing users to extend membership signup capabilities to online communities with the Membership Form function, as well as enhancements to online transaction downloads; a LinkedIn Group Join function to better manage alumni and affinity groups; new mobile/desktop toggle functionality to provide a seamless switch from the mobile to desktop experience; and other usability improvements.
Additional enhancements were made in the following areas: web-based configuration capabilities, data management, revenue record and financial transaction display, and prospect research and analysis.
To learn more about the latest release, visit www.blackbaud.com/newcrm.
Blackbaud tops ZDNet CRM Watchlist for second year in a row
Blackbaud was recently named a winner of the 2013 ZDNet CRM Watchlist, earning the designation of highest scoring technology firm. This list is looked to by the industry as a resource featuring viable CRM vendors.
In Blackbaud's review, Paul Greenberg, author of CRM at the Speed of Light and creator of the CRM Watchlist, praised Blackbaud's ability to provide a platform that is flexible enough to serve both the unique and varied needs of nonprofits. "The power of Blackbaud is not just in the comprehensiveness of the platform, but in the extent of the ecosystem," he wrote, citing Blackbaud's constituent management and digital engagement solutions, and strategic services as examples. "There is a reason that they have been the highest scoring company for two years in a row. They are a dominant force in the nonprofit world," he wrote.
For more information about Blackbaud CRM and to access the CRM Watchlist, visitwww.blackbaud.com/blackbaudcrm.
Serving the nonprofit and education sectors for 30 years, Blackbaud (NAS: BLKB) combines technology and expertise to help organizations achieve their missions. Blackbaud works with more than 28,000 customers in over 60 countries that support higher education, healthcare, human services, arts and culture, faith, the environment, independent K-12 education, animal welfare and other charitable causes. The company offers a full spectrum of cloud-based and on-premise software solutions and related services for organizations of all sizes including: fundraising, eMarketing, advocacy, constituent relationship management (CRM), financial management, payment services, analytics and vertical-specific solutions. Using Blackbaud technology, these organizations raise more than $100 billion each year. Recognized as a top company by Forbes, InformationWeek, and Software Magazine and honored by Best Places to Work, Blackbaud is headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina and has operations in the United States, Australia, Canada, Mexico, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.blackbaud.com.
Except for historical information, all of the statements, expectations, and assumptions contained in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Although Blackbaud attempts to be accurate in making these forward-looking statements, it is possible that future circumstances might differ from the assumptions on which such statements are based. In addition, other important factors that could cause results to differ materially include the following: general economic risks; uncertainty regarding increased business and renewals from existing customers; continued success in sales growth; management of integration of acquired companies and other risks associated with acquisitions; risks associated with successful implementation of multiple integrated software products; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; risks related to our dividend policy and share repurchase program, including potential limitations on our ability to grow and the possibility that we might discontinue payment of dividends; risks relating to restrictions imposed by the credit facility; risks associated with management of growth; lengthy sales and implementation cycles, particularly in larger organization; technological changes that make our products and services less competitive; and the other risk factors set forth from time to time in the SEC filings for Blackbaud, copies of which are available free of charge at the SEC's website at www.sec.gov or upon request from Blackbaud's investor relations department. All Blackbaud product names appearing herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blackbaud, Inc.
Melanie Mathos, 843-216-6200 x3307
KEYWORDS: United States North America South Carolina
The article Blackbaud CRM Release Features Mobile, Social and Web Enhancements originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.