NEC Display Solutions Adds 21-Inch, LED-Backlit 5 Megapixel Grayscale Display to MultiSync MD Series
Apr 3rd 2013 12:20PM
Updated Apr 3rd 2013 12:26PM
NEC Display Solutions Adds 21-Inch, LED-Backlit 5 Megapixel Grayscale Display to MultiSync MD Series Lineup
Medical Bundles, Including NVIDIA Video Card, Also Available Now for Medical Imaging, PACS Applications
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the MultiSync® MD211G5 medical-grade diagnostic display and several other medical-related products.
Ideal for high resolution medical imaging, the MD211G5, a 21.3-inch LED-backlit IPS diagnostic display, offers out-of-the-box factory DICOM calibration and uniformity control for consistent imaging across the entire screen. Featuring a contrast ratio of 1200:1 and a calibrated brightness of 500 cd/m2, this IPS screen delivers clear, accurate images.
The integrated front sensor constantly monitors and adjusts brightness to maintain the factory DICOM GSDF calibration. The included GammaCompMD™ QA software performs routine display configuration and ensures consistent image quality. Additionally, the optional GammaCompMD QA Server provides computer networks with centralized control and management of multiple display systems, ideal for large healthcare organizations with multiple campuses.
"The MD211G5 display was built for the demanding high-resolution requirements of hospitals, doctors' offices, and other healthcare facilities," said Art Marshall, Product Manager for Professional Desktop and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. "This 5-megapixel model features a lower-power LED backlight and a new DisplayPort input for compatibility with most modern video cards."
A partial list of features in the MultiSync MD211G5 follows:
- 21.3-inch SA-SFT IPS panel
- Factory calibrated to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- 2048 x 2560 native resolution
- 1200:1 contrast ratio
- 1200 cd/m² maximum and 500 cd/m² calibrated brightness
- Uniformity control, which provides accurate imaging across the screen
- Built-in ambient light sensor, which automatically adjusts the display's brightness based on existing lighting conditions, reducing energy consumption
- 11.9-bit internal lookup table (LUT) with 1024 levels of gray out of 12,277
- DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs, and two-port USB hub
- Medical certifications, including UL60950-1, UL60601-1 3rd edition and IEC62563-1 with FDA 510(k) pending
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
NEC also announced two medical product bundles that include all equipment healthcare professionals need for dual-screen set-ups in radiology and PACS applications:
- MDC3-BNDN1 bundle, which includes two fully matched 3-megapixel color MD211C3 displays, GammaCompMD QA software and an NVIDIA Quadro K2000 2GB video card with two DisplayPort and one DVI output (NEC part MDN-K2000)
- MDG3-BNDN1 bundle, which includes two fully matched 3-megapixel grayscale MD211G3 displays, GammaCompMD QA Software and an NVIDIA Quadro K2000 2GB video card with two DisplayPort and one DVI output (NEC part MDN-K2000)
The MultiSync MD211G5 is available at an estimated street price of $14,999. The display ships with a five-year parts and labor warranty including Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.
The MDC3-BNDN1 bundle and MDG3-BNDN1 bundle are available at estimated street prices of $10,999 and $10,399, respectively.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
Tech Image (for NEC Display Solutions)
Philip Anast, (312) 673-6054
KEYWORDS: United States North America Illinois
The article NEC Display Solutions Adds 21-Inch, LED-Backlit 5 Megapixel Grayscale Display to MultiSync MD Series Lineup originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.