Duff & Phelps Announces Nine New Managing Directors
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Duff & Phelps Corporation (NYS: DUF) , a leading independent financial advisory and investment banking firm, has announced the appointment of nine new managing directors - including seven promotions and two new hires.
"We are pleased that these nine outstanding leaders will enhance our team of managing directors," said Noah Gottdiener, chief executive officer of Duff & Phelps. "Their technical skills and industry sector expertise will provide clients with independent counsel to help successfully navigate a wide range of transactions and special situations."
Duff & Phelps' seven new managing director promotes include:
- Greg Maxim works in the Austin office as a member of the Tax Services practice, specializing in local and state issues. He has more than 20 years of valuation and consulting experience in the energy industry. His knowledge of ad valorem complex property valuations, property tax management compliance, and tax incentives has positioned him to advise clients around the U.S. in the refining, chemical and utility sectors. Previously he has worked for Exxon USA and two of the Big Four accounting firms.
- Judd Schneider works in the Boston office as part of the Valuation Advisory Services business. He has more than twelve years of experience valuing business enterprises, legal entities, debt and equity securities, intangible assets, intellectual property and derivative instruments for purposes of financial and tax reporting, M&A planning, tax reorganizations and restructurings. Schneider joined Duff & Phelps in connection with the firm's acquisition of Standard & Poor's Corporate Value Consulting business, which included PwC's legacy valuation business; he had previously worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Francisco Javier Zoido works in the London office as a member of the Valuation Advisory Services business, focusing primarily on clients in the Iberian Peninsula. He brings more than 12 years of experience in valuation and corporate finance. He has valued numerous business enterprises, financial assets, equity securities and intangible assets for purposes of financial planning and reporting, transaction advisory support, strategic planning and litigation support. Previously he has worked for a Spanish consulting firm and served as a manager in Ernst & Young's Corporate Finance team in Madrid.
- Steve Moon joined Duff & Phelps in 2000 and works in the Los Angeles office as a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions business responsible for the origination and execution of a broad range of Aerospace, Defense and Industrial M&A and corporate finance mandates. He brings more than 13 years of investment banking and corporate finance experience to each engagement. During his tenure with the firm, he has worked on sell-side, buy-side and equity and debt capital raising transactions for private equity, public corporations and private company clients. He was previously in the Private Placements Group at Libra Investments, where he executed on equity and debt transactions.
- Christopher Gregory works in the New York office as a member of the Transaction Opinions practice. He has nine years of experience in executing engagements involving fairness opinions and solvency opinions; he also advises companies and their boards in the areas of M&A, corporate finance and valuation. Formerly a chemical engineer, he is focused on investment banking coverage of the chemicals industry.
- Ekaterina Timaeva works in the New York office as part of the Transaction Advisory Services business. She brings approximately 10 years of experience providing corporate finance and due diligence services for both private equity and strategic clients around the world in such industries as manufacturing, aerospace and defense, consumer products, telecommunications, distribution, logistics and healthcare services. Previously she was a project manager and senior auditor at Rockwell Automation; before that, she spent five years in Arthur Andersen's audit practice in Chicago and Moscow.
- Tomas Stefanowski works in the New York office as part of the Valuation Advisory Services business. Focusing primarily on the consumer products industry, he has more than 14 years of experience performing valuations for M&A, financing, financial reporting and tax purposes. Further, he has handled numerous valuations of businesses, debt and equity securities and intangible assets for private equity and corporate clients around the world.
Duff & Phelps' two new managing director hires include:
- Jeremy Bennett joins Duff & Phelps' Global Restructuring Advisory business after working as a partner at several leading UK law firms - including Hammond Suddards Edge Solicitors (now Squire Sanders), JB Law and Cobbetts LLP, where he was Head of Business Recovery Services and National Head of Asset Based Lending. He will serve as leader of Duff & Phelps' recently established office in Leeds, bringing a deep legal background and more than 20 years of experience in the corporate recovery market to the firm's UK Restructuring practice.
- Lisa Neimark comes to Duff & Phelps' Investment Banking business from Capstone Advisory Group, LLC, where she was an Executive Director in the Restructuring Advisory practice and member of Valuation Services, LLC. She will work in Duff & Phelps' Chicago office, bringing more than 20 years of leadership experience providing services related to mergers and acquisitions (M&A), restructuring and recapitalizations, business and strategic planning, valuation and capital markets.
More information about the new managing directors can be found on the firm's website, along with updates to the firm's recent accomplishments. Updates include descriptions of significant transactions completed by each part of the business, client testimonials and market leadership data.
About Duff & Phelps
As a leading global financial advisory and investment banking firm, Duff & Phelps balances analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to help clients make sound decisions. The firm provides expertise in the areas of valuation, transactions, financial restructuring, alternative assets, disputes and taxation, with more than 1,000 employees serving clients from offices in North America, Europe and Asia. Investment banking services in the United States are provided by Duff & Phelps Securities, LLC; Pagemill Partners; and GCP Securities, LLC. Member FINRA/SIPC. M&A advisory services in the United Kingdom and Germany are provided by Duff & Phelps Securities Ltd. Duff & Phelps Securities Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. For more information, visit www.duffandphelps.com. (NYS: DUF)
Duff & Phelps Corporation
Alex Wolfe, +1-212-871-9087
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article Duff & Phelps Announces Nine New Managing Directors originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.