Analog Devices' RMS Power Detector Offers Unparalleled Frequency Performance and Flexibility
NORWOOD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a world leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal processing applications and RF ICs, today introduced a high performance RMS power detector. Featuring operation up to 10 GHz and a 67 dB measurement range, the ADL5906 TruPwr™ RMS detector is frequency versatile and eliminates the need for external input tuning devices, such as a balun. The ADL5906 RF detector is well-suited for a variety of applications that require an accurate RMS measurement of signal power including communications infrastructure, power amplifier linearization, Point-to-Point and Point-to-MultiPoint, cable, military, satellite, instrumentation equipment and ISM band transmitters.
- Download data sheet or to order samples, see product page:
- Get support at ADI's EngineerZone™ online support community:
- Browse ADI's entire RF portfolio including over 1000 RF ICs covering the entire signal chain from antenna to bits and back as well as full suite of design tools: http://www.analog.com/en/rfif-components/products/index.html
Requiring only a single supply of 5V and a few capacitors, the new ADL5906 power detector is easy-to-use and capable of being driven with a single-ended or differential input drive. Furthermore, the ADL5906 provides low temperature drift across a broad -55ºC to +125ºC that is highly repeatable from part-to-part, thereby reducing design risk and manufacturing costs.
ADL5906 TruPwr RMS Power Detector Key Features:
- Accurate RMS-to-dc conversion from 10 MHz to 10 GHz
- Single-ended ± 1dB detection range: 67 dB at 2140 MHz, no balun or external input matching required
- Response-independent of waveform types such as GSM/CDMA/W-CDMA/TD-SCDMA/WiMAX/LTE
- Linear-in-decibels output, scaled 55 mV/dB at 2140 MHz
- Temperature stability of < ±1 dB from -40°C to +85°C
- Operates from -55°C to +125°C
- Power-down capability to 250 µA
- Pin-compatible with the ADL5902 and AD8363 TruPwr™ detectors
Availability, Pricing and Complementary Components
|Product||Sample Availability||Full Volume Production||Price Each In 1,000 Quantities||Packaging|
|Now||Now||$5.59||4mm x 4mm
The ADL5906 RF detector can be easily designed with a broad array of ADI's analog-to-digital converters, including the AD7466 12-bit ADC.
About Analog Devices
Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, at:
Analog Devices, Inc.
Colleen Cronin, 781-937-1622
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts
The article Analog Devices' RMS Power Detector Offers Unparalleled Frequency Performance and Flexibility originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.