One App Does It All - Citrix ShareFile Now Includes Mobile Content Editing
Create, Sync, Share and Now Edit Documents Securely from ShareFile Apps for Mobile Devices
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Citrix today announced the availability of rich content editing capabilities within Citrix ShareFile™ apps for mobile devices. Now, users can meet their mobility, productivity and collaboration needs from a single, intuitive app for iPad and/or iPhone (support for other devices coming soon). In addition to secure sync and sharing capabilities, the new apps will provide users with the ability to edit Microsoft® Office documents and annotate Adobe PDFs, enhancing productivity on the go, even when offline.
"People want to be able to create or open a document, easily edit it and save or share it - all from one app on their mobile device," said Terri McClure, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "Today, they are often putting corporate data at risk by using third party document viewing and editing tools that create an unsecured copy of their files on the mobile devices. With an easy-to-use, integrated and company-sanctioned option like Citrix ShareFile, data stays in the secure file sharing environment and under IT's control."
- Boost user productivity with rich content editing on mobile devices. Users can create, review and edit Microsoft Office documents within the ShareFile app and edit them with similar tools that are available from their desktop Office applications including: edit text, track changes, spell check, print, highlight, insert and present in slideshow mode. Users can also annotate Adobe PDF files within ShareFile and leverage all editing and annotation capabilities even when offline. In addition to providing an intuitive experience, the apps ensure that users do not have to purchase, download and rely on separate editors to get their work done on mobile devices.
- Improve data security on mobile devices by enabling users to leverage a built-in editor. IT can then restrict the use of third-party editors that employees may be using, and thereby prevent employees from storing copies of sensitive data within those apps. This capability - along with remote wipe, encryption, passcode lock and poison pill features - ensures that IT can secure corporate content on mobile devices.
- Retain folder and sub folder structure on mobile devices withthe ability to mark entire folders in addition to individual files for offline access on mobile devices. The feature will keep all files in the offline folder in-sync with any changes made to the folder, including updates to files within the folder, changes to the structure of sub-folders and addition of new files. This feature allows users to stay connected to all updated content even when offline.
"We continue to see strong customer adoption of Citrix ShareFile for iOS, with downloads doubling each quarter," said Jesse Lipson, VP & GM, Data Sharing, Citrix. "Delivering native document editing capabilities is a natural next step in the evolution of the product, complementing our current features to create a more intuitive and delightful user experience. ShareFile is ideal for enterprises who are looking for an integrated, easy-to-use data editing and sharing solution that meets IT's mandate for security."
Offline access to entire folders is available immediately from the App Store. Document editing is available today to enterprise customers upon request.
- App: ShareFile for iPad
- App: ShareFile for iPhone
- Expert Blog and Screenshots: Going mobile with document editing (securely of course)
- Video: ShareFile Mobile Content Editor Demo
- Video: Introduction to ShareFile Enterprise
- Video: ESA uses Citrix GoTo cloud services to change the way they work
- Expert Blog: Faster, more secure access to business files on the go
Follow Us Online
- www.citrix.com/sharefile, www.citrix.com
- Twitter: @ShareFile, @Citrix
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ShareFile
Citrix (NAS: CTXS) is the cloud computing company that enables mobile workstyles—empowering people to work and collaborate from anywhere, accessing apps and data on any of the latest devices, as easily as they would in their own office—simply and securely. Citrix cloud computing solutions help IT and service providers build both private and public clouds—leveraging virtualization and networking technologies to deliver high-performance, elastic and cost-effective services for mobile workstyles. With market leading solutions for mobility, desktop virtualization, cloud networking, cloud platforms, collaboration, and data sharing, Citrix helps organizations of all sizes achieve the kind of speed and agility necessary to succeed in an increasingly mobile and dynamic world. Citrix products are in use at more than 260,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Annual revenue in 2012 was $2.59 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release, timing and combination of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix® and Citrix ShareFile™ are registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
iOS, iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
Lori Shen, 408-807-4860
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article One App Does It All - Citrix ShareFile Now Includes Mobile Content Editing originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.