Interval International Releases Findings on the Shared Ownership Market in Brazil
MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Active leisure travelers in Brazil seek alternative accommodations to traditional resorts, hotels or motels, according to research commissioned by Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services. In fact, more than nine in 10 respondents who have vacationed in condominium-style accommodations report an interest in staying in such accommodations during the next two years. Nearly four in 10 state that they are interested in purchasing shared resort real estate, including timeshare or fractional product, in the same time period.
These are some of the insights of the Shared Ownership 2012: A Market Perspective - Brazil Edition produced exclusively for Interval by Ipsos Reid LP, one of the world's leading survey-based market research firms. The study provides in-depth information about the demographic characteristics, vacation preferences, and product perceptions of leisure travelers who reside in Brazil.
"This report should be of particular value to resort developers and marketers, as well as those considering entrance into the industry, to understand the behavior of the prospective purchasing group in Brazil," said Marcos Agostini, Interval's senior vice president of resort sales and business development for Latin America. "The desire to stay in condominium-style accommodations and own vacation real estate illustrates how shared ownership resort products are well positioned to serve the needs of these consumers."
"The results of the study validate the opportunities for shared ownership in this market," noted David Pierzchala, senior vice president of Ipsos Reid. "The report also provides a richness of demographic and behavioral data among Brazil's leisure travelers."
- More than half of leisure travelers residing in Brazil are married (55%), between 35 and 54 years of age, and live in households with slightly more than three persons.
- More than 8 in 10 (84%) prospective owners of vacation time cite the ability to bring their families together to share rest and relaxation as the most appealing attribute of shared ownership.
- More than four in 10 (44%) report that the two-bedroom unit configuration is the unit size most preferred when considering the purchase of a shared ownership product.
- Respondents report that they have taken an average of four (3.8) leisure trips in the past year and more than half (53%) plan to take more trips in the next 12 months than they took last year.
- Nearly six in 10 (57%) express a desire to visit the Northeastern geographic region of the country within the next two years, while a lesser proportion (17%) are interested in visiting the Southeast.
Compiled at the end of 2012, the data were obtained from interviews among active leisure travelers who had taken at least one overnight leisure trip of 75 miles or more from home during the previous 12 months; were at least 25 years of age; and reported household income of at least R$60,000 (equivalent to approximately US$30,000), which is about twice the average household income in Brazil, according to the Brazilian Institute for Geography and Statistics.
Contact Marcos.Agostini@intervalintl.com to receive a complimentary copy of the study.
About Interval International
Interval International operates membership programs for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market since 1976. Today, Interval has an exchange network of nearly 2,800 resorts in more than 75 nations. Through offices in 16 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and about 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs. Interval is an operating business of Interval Leisure Group, Inc. (NAS: IILG) , a leading global provider of membership and leisure services to the vacation industry.
Beatrice de Peyrecave, 305-666-1861, ext. 7032
KEYWORDS: United States Brazil North America South America Florida
The article Interval International Releases Findings on the Shared Ownership Market in Brazil originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.