Work is Not a Place: New Era Demands Tools for Mobile, Flexible Workstyles - Are You Ready?
Citrix Collaboration, Remote Access, IT Management and Support Tools Maximize Productivity in an Increasingly Fluid Economy
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- With a rapidly evolving workforce reliant on more freelancers, globally dispersed teams and increasing generational and cultural diversity, today's businesses, government organizations and associations require more effective tools for collaboration, productivity and mobility. As a sponsor of Telework Week March 4-8, Citrix is encouraging businesses to take action and try some of the new ways that people are getting work done, collaborating across boundaries and being ever more productive.
In an increasingly fluid economy, where mobile technologies are increasingly blending work and personal lives, organizations are facing a number of important trends impacting how we think about and manage work. PriceWaterhouseCoopers reports that by 2020, companies will increase the number of host locations by 50%, so teams are, and will continue to be, ever more dispersed across different places rather than being physically co-located. It's also not uncommon for employees, customers and vendors to never meet in person, and there's a greater expectation for people to remain connected and in touch while on the go.
Furthermore, according to the McKinsey Global Institute, the Fortune 100 workforce will increase in terms of the number of contingent workers utilized, from 20% in 2012 to 50% by 2020. The implication is that an increasing percentage of teams will consist of people who are not employed directly by your company and will be outside the company firewall. How do you ensure that you are providing these people with tools that enable them all to work effectively and seamlessly together, irrespective of which company is employing them or where they happen to be located?
"It's no longer about where people are working; it's about how effectively they're working, both as individuals and as teams," said Brett Caine, senior vice president and general manager of Citrix's Online Services division. "The new workplace is all about collaborative workstyles, and moving the business faster. Putting easy to use tools in place that help foster relationships when people cannot meet in person, optimize the sharing of ideas and information, and ensure better productivity will be essential for success as the nature of work continues to evolve."
Workshifting, or moving work to the most optimal place and time, represents a contemporary, people-centric, approach to work. Individuals are, and will increasingly need to be, empowered, trusted, and held accountable for prioritizing what they do and when. Companies that enable this work flexibility through more mobile workstyles are meeting modern workplace challenges head-on with tools that enable employees to deliver great results from anywhere. According to the Telework Research Report, workshifting can increase productivity, with associated cost reductions, as employees can collaborate more effectively and move business forward faster.
For employers looking to implement tools for flexible working, Citrix's market-leading and award winning products (including Citrix Receiver, GoToMeeting, GoToMyPC, Podio, ShareFile and XenMobile MDM) are available for free trial so businesses nationwide can enable workshifting for their employees. Citrix also offers resources online to help employers start, implement and maintain a flexible workplace culture both across multiple campuses and multiple countries.
In addition to the tools necessary for IT organizations to support and manage the systems, people and apps securely, Citrix provides simple and effective ways for individuals and teams to work from anywhere, with anyone, at any time and on any device.
- Citrix GoToMeeting with HDFaces is a simple web conferencing and online meeting tool allowing teams to meet and collaborate face-to-face regardless of location and device.
- Citrix Podio is a team-based collaboration platform that makes it easy for people to manage projects and get real work done.
- Citrix ShareFile provides easy and secure file access, content sharing and collaboration from any device.
IT Management and Remote Access
- Citrix GoToAssist is a market-leading remote support product that provides a simple, intuitive way to more effectively manage IT service desk operations that support people, device and systems.
- Citrix Receiver is an easy-to-install software client that enables access to desktops, applications and data easily and securely from any device, including smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs. Working with a Citrix-enabled IT infrastructure, Receiver gives users the mobility, convenience and freedom needed to get work done from anywhere.
- XenMobile MDM is an enterprise mobile device management solution that gives users device choice while also enabling IT to meet its management and compliance requirements. It provides the foundation to address these needs through role-based management, configuration and security of corporate and employee-owned devices. Users are demanding the freedom to choose their own devices, use any app and access their e-mail and documents from anywhere.
Personal Remote Access
- Citrix GoToMyPC is a leading remote access product that allows users to securely access their Mac or PC from any web browser - whether that's from another PC, iPad or Android device - ensuring users never need to go without files, programs or email.
- For more information on workshifting, including best practices and tool kits for employers, visit www.workshifting.com.
- For more information on Telework Week 2013, visit http://www.mobileworkexchange.com/teleworkweek/
Follow Us Online
Citrix (NAS: CTXS) is the cloud computing company that enables mobile workstyles—empowering people to work and collaborate from anywhere, accessing apps and data on any of the latest devices, as easily as they would in their own office—simply and securely. Citrix cloud computing solutions help IT and service providers build both private and public clouds—leveraging virtualization and networking technologies to deliver high-performance, elastic and cost-effective services for mobile workstyles. With market leading solutions for mobility, desktop virtualization, cloud networking, cloud platforms, collaboration, and data sharing, Citrix helps organizations of all sizes achieve the kind of speed and agility necessary to succeed in an increasingly mobile and dynamic world. Citrix products are in use at more than 260,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Annual revenue in 2012 was $2.59 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release, timing and combination of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix and GoToAssist are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and are or may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Colleen Nichols, 415-489-4204
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Work is Not a Place: New Era Demands Tools for Mobile, Flexible Workstyles - Are You Ready? originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.