Nuveen Closed-End Funds Declare Quarterly Distributions
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions as well as individual investors, today announced regular quarterly distributions for 15 Nuveen closed-end funds. These funds represent a broad range of equity and taxable fixed-income investment strategies for investors seeking to build sophisticated and diversified long-term investment portfolios for cash flow.
Distributions of income from Nuveen's taxable closed-end funds are generally subject to Federal income taxes. In addition, distributions for certain funds investing in real estate investment trusts (REITs) may later be characterized as capital gains and/or a return of capital, depending on the character of the dividends reported to each fund after year-end by REIT securities held by each fund. Funds that may be affected by such re-characterization are noted on our web site at http://www.nuveen.com/Home/TaxInformation/FormInformation.aspx.
Each of these 15 funds has adopted a managed distribution program. The goal of a fund's managed distribution program is to provide shareholders relatively consistent and predictable cash flow by systematically converting its expected long-term return potential into regular distributions. As a result, regular distributions throughout the year will likely include a portion of expected long-term gains (both realized and unrealized), along with net investment income and/or a return of capital. Important points to understand about Nuveen fund managed distributions are:
- Each Nuveen fund seeks to establish a relatively stable distribution rate that roughly corresponds to the projected total return from its investment strategy over an extended period of time. However, you should not draw any conclusions about a fund's past or future investment performance from its current distribution rate.
- Actual returns will differ from projected long-term returns (and therefore a fund's distribution rate), at least over shorter time periods. Over a specific timeframe, the difference between actual returns and total distributions will be reflected in an increasing (returns exceed distributions) or a decreasing (distributions exceed returns) fund net asset value.
- Each quarter's distributions are expected to be paid from some or all of the following sources:
- net investment income (regular interest and dividends),
- realized capital gains, and
- unrealized gains, or, in certain cases, a return of principal (non-taxable distributions)
- A non-taxable distribution is a payment of a portion of the fund's capital. When fund returns exceed distributions, it may represent portfolio gains earned, but not realized as a taxable capital gain. In periods when fund returns fall short of distributions, it will represent a portion of your original principal unless the shortfall is offset during other time periods over the life of your investment (previous or subsequent) when the fund's total return exceeds distributions.
- Because distribution source estimates are updated quarterly based on a fund's performance and forecast for its current fiscal year (which is the calendar year for all the funds listed below), these estimates may differ from both the tax information reported to shareholders in their fund's 1099 statement, as well as the ultimate economic sources of distributions over the life of their investment.
Information regarding each fund's distributions and total return performance over various time periods will be sent to shareholders with their distributions, and posted on www.nuveen.com/cef.
Additionally, estimates of the tax characteristics of each fund's distribution sources reflecting year-to-date cumulative experience will also be mailed to shareholders and shown on www.nuveen.com/cef. These estimates are for informational purposes only. The estimates are calculated on a tax basis rather than on a generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) basis, but should not be used for tax reporting purposes. The actual amounts and sources for tax reporting purposes will depend upon each fund's investment experience during the remainder of its fiscal year. The final determination of the source and tax characteristics of all distributions will be made in early 2014 and reported to shareholders on Form 1099-DIV at that time.
The following dates apply to today's distribution declarations:
|Record Date||June 14, 2013|
|Ex-Dividend Date||June 12, 2013|
|Payable Date||July 1, 2013|
|Reinvest Date||July 1, 2013|
|Quarterly Taxable Distribution|
|JGV||Global Value Opportunities Fund||.2650||(.0250)|
|JTA||Tax-Advantaged Total Return Strategy Fund||.2300||-|
|JTD||Tax-Advantaged Dividend Growth Fund||.2750||-|
|JCE||Core Equity Alpha Fund||.2700||-|
|QQQX||NASDAQ Premium Income & Growth||.3020||-|
|JRS||Real Estate Income Fund||.2400||-|
|JPZ||Equity Premium Income Fund||.2710||-|
|JSN||Equity Premium Opportunity Fund||.2790||-|
|JLA||Equity Premium Advantage Fund||.2840||-|
|JPG||Equity Premium and Growth Fund||.2800||-|
|DPD||Dow 30SM Premium & Dividend Income Fund Inc.,||.2660||-|
|DPO||Dow 30SM Enhanced Premium and Income Fund Inc.||.2180||-|
|JDD||Diversified Dividend and Income Fund||.2500||-|
|JGG||Global Income Opportunities Fund||.2620||(.0330)|
|JGT||Diversified Currency Opportunities Fund||.2645||(.0330)|
Nuveen Investments provides high-quality investment services designed to help secure the long-term goals of institutional and individual investors as well as the consultants and financial advisors who serve them. Nuveen Investments markets a wide range of specialized investment solutions which provide investors access to capabilities of its high-quality boutique investment affiliates—Nuveen Asset Management, LLC, Symphony Asset Management LLC, NWQ Investment Management Company, LLC, Santa Barbara Asset Management, LLC, Tradewinds Global Investors, LLC, Winslow Capital Management, LLC and Gresham Investment Management LLC all of which are registered investment advisers and subsidiaries of Nuveen Investments, Inc. In total, Nuveen Investments managed approximately $224 billion as of March 31, 2013. For more information, please visit the Nuveen Investments website at www.nuveen.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Illinois
The article Nuveen Closed-End Funds Declare Quarterly Distributions originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.