EA Announces Real Racing 3 isNow Available Across Mobile Platforms
Third Iteration of the Popular Real Racing Franchise Delivers the Ultimate Racing Experience on Mobile for Free
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Electronic Arts Inc. (NAS: EA) announced today that Real Racing™ 3 is now available for the iPhone ®, iPad ®, iPod touch ®, Google Play and Amazon Appstore. Developed by the EA Firemonkeys studio, the gamedelivers the most exhilarating handheld racing experience and features 46 licensed vehicles covering three classes, a 22 car grid across real world tracks, eight varied event types and over 900 events. Real Racing 3 is available as a free download--a first for the critically-acclaimed franchise--and was designed and developed from the ground up as a free-to-play experience.
Real Racing 3 features hundreds of hours of gameplay, making it one of the most robust mobile games available to date. All ofthe game's content is available for free without players needing to pay to progress. In-game monetization will enable players to accelerate their experience and speed up car servicing and upgrade wait times by spending virtual currency, which can either be purchased or earned through racing events, levelling-up, obtaining trophies and competing with friends.
"With Real Racing 3's console-quality graphics, realistic gameplay and unparalleled depth of content, the Real Racing franchise is once again raising the bar for mobile games," said Nick Earl, Senior Vice President & General Manager EA All Play Label. "By developing Real Racing 3 to be a freemium title, we've removed the barrier of entry, thereby expanding the game's audience and making it easier to find multiplayer opponents, as well as giving players the freedom to enjoy the game when and how they want."
The ability to play against friends whenever and wherever is key to one of Real Racing 3's new features, Time Shifted Multiplayer™ (TSM). This new mode of competitive multiplayer allows players to race against their friends, even if they have different devices or if they're offline.
"Real Racing 3 is the best in the series, sporting some of the most advanced multiplayer technology in the industry today," said Tony Lay, GM of the Firemonkeys. "Time Shifted Multiplayer adapts everyone's racing styles to competing cars on the track using leaderboards and previous times to emulate how they'd drive those courses. Now everyone will be able to battle against each other for bragging rights on the track anytime, anywhere in a more realistic manner."
Praised for its console-quality graphics, Real Racing 3 displays dynamic reflections, persistent car damage and fully functioning rear view mirrors in real time to enhance the realism of the race day experience. Game features include:
- Real Cars - The largest ever roster of cars available in a Real Racing title from all-newmanufacturers like Porsche, Lamborghini, Dodge, Bugatti and Audi. Feel the intensity of an authentic race grid of 22 cars for the first time on mobile.
- Real Tracks - A first for the Real Racing series. Burn rubber around a full lineup of real tracks in multiple configurations from top locations around the world, including Mount Panorama, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Silverstone, Hockenheimring, Melbourne CBD, and many more.
- Real People - With Real Racing 3's Time Shifted Multiplayer™ (TSM) you can race anyone, anytime, even if they're offline. Every single career event is filled with the fully interactive AI-controlled time shift doubles of your Game Center or Facebook friends, as well as other players from around the world.
- More Choice Than Ever - Compete in 900+ events including cup races, elimination, endurance, and drag races. Upgrade a wide selection of different car parts to maximize car performance. See the action through a variety of camera angles and fine tune the controls to your personal preference.
- The Premier Racing Experience - Persistent car damage, fully functioning rear view mirrors, and dynamic reflections enhance the realism of the race day experience. Real Racing 3 delivers a rich, next-gen racing experience in the most advanced cross-platform social and competitive racing community ever.
To download Real Racing 3 for free, please visit http://www.firemonkeys.com.au/downloadR3. For more information on Real Racing 3, watch the launch trailerhere and please visit http://www.facebook.com/RealRacing. Additional assets including screenshots are available at http://info.ea.com.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NAS: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and social networks. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2012, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.1 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
Real Racing, Time Shifted Multiplayer, The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. Battlefield is a trademark of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. John Madden, NFL and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article EA Announces Real Racing 3 is Now Available Across Mobile Platforms originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.