CSG International Expands Managed Services Offering to Communications Service Providers Worldwide
CSG Leverages Its Heritage to Deliver Agile Solutions, Support and Expertise to CSPs
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. & BARCELONA, Spain--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- CSG Systems International, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGS), a global provider of software and services-based business support solutions that help clients generate revenue and maximize customer relationships, introduces the global expansion of its managed services program.
With this global offering, CSG brings together its world-class portfolio of solutions—including its award-winning CSG Singleview convergent charging and billing platform; the world's leading wholesale billing platform, CSG Wholesale Business Management Solution (WBMS), and its direct to consumer content monetization platform, CSG Content Direct—to address the need for CSPs to lower costs, transform their operations and create agile ways to support their customers.
With this flexible delivery model, CSPs can rely on CSG to easily manage complex customer and revenue management processes including on-premise, off-site at CSG's facilities, offshore, and cloud-based options. CSG has established managed services Centers of Excellence in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa as well as Central and Latin America regions and has deployed in-region expertise to support the unique needs of its global clients.
The expansion of CSG's managed services offering to a global market is a natural step for the company which has a 30-year heritage as a trusted partner developing, managing and evolving its comprehensive portfolio of solutions for Tier 1 CSPs in North America.
"It is in CSG's DNA to apply its heritage of cloud-based convergent charging and billing in new ways that empower our clients to evolve their business models," said Alam Gill, Senior Vice President, Managed Services at CSG International. "With CSG's managed services, we apply our expertise to remove the technical complexity of delivering business improvement for our clients, using award-winning solutions that support the operations of the majority of today's top CSPs worldwide."
According to research conducted by Informa Telecoms & Media and published in January 2013, 87% of CSPs indicated that they already work with, or intend to work with, a BSS managed services provider in the next three years. In addition, a key theme emerged from their research that CSPs' expectations for the value that managed services will provide has increased over previous years.
"The model of 'we manage your mess for less' is a thing of the past. Domain expertise and an understanding of the CSP business are now as important to CSPs as cost," said Kris Szaniawski, Principal Analyst, Informa Telecoms & Media. "CSPs are faced with managing increasingly complicated infrastructure to support new devices and services. As a consequence, CSPs are increasingly prepared to work closely with trusted partners - with managed services providers who have resources and expertise to manage complex BSS structures in a way that brings products and services to market faster and rationalizes legacy networks more effectively."
CSG's proven history of supporting complex technical and business requirements through a managed services model is illustrated with numerous recent successes, including:
- CSG recently transitioned an existing interconnect environment and operations from a client's European premises into CSG's managed services environment in just four months. This complex migration included moving active data, history and revenue management processes to the new environment for 1.6 million subscribers and 570 international roaming partners.
- In 2012, CSG successfully executed the largest and most complex billing system conversion in history, migrating more than 30 million active and inactive subscriber accounts without a disruption to the client's business. This complex conversion was two years in the making, and included a system migration of 28 CSG applications and 43 client applications.
- In just over 5 years, CSG's managed services environment in North America has seen transaction volumes grow from 3 million transactions processed per day to 51 million transactions. This exponential growth illustrates CSG's ability to scale its managed services solution as clients are rapidly evolving to offer new and innovative services. Every month, CSG processes $8 Billion in revenue in this growing environment.
CSG managed services offering enables a CSP to rapidly evolve its business model and/or transform its existing operations, in any combination or all of the following IT areas:
- Infrastructure management: including hardware, application and environment management; capacity and availability management; disaster recovery; and IT/network operations, backup and security;
- Application configuration management: including configuration development, release and deployment; configuration support; data management; knowledge management; user training; and project and service management;
- Business operations: including event collection, correlation and processing for next-generation IP network services, voice and data network services, and content delivery networks; transaction and service-level rating; revenue management; third party settlement; enterprise contract management; and partner contract and dispute management.
CSG's products and services delivered in a managed service environment are available today. For more information, please visit http://www.csgi.com/services/managed_services.
About CSG International
CSG Systems International, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGS) is a market-leading business support solutions and services company serving the majority of the top 100 global communications service providers, including leaders in fixed, mobile and next-generation networks such as AT&T, Comcast, DISH Network, France Telecom, Orange, T-Mobile, Telefonica, Time Warner Cable, Vodafone, Vivo and Verizon. With over 25 years of experience and expertise in voice, video, data and content services, CSG International offers a broad portfolio of licensed and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based products and solutions that help clients compete more effectively, improve business operations and deliver a more impactful customer experience across a variety of touch points. For more information, visit our website at www.csgi.com.
KEYWORDS: United Kingdom United States Europe North America Colorado Spain Ireland
The article CSG International Expands Managed Services Offering to Communications Service Providers Worldwide originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.