AVG Technologies Steps Up Device Security with Latest AntiVirus Products
Versions boast an enhanced user interface, improved navigation and a number of additional features
AMSTERDAM & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYS: AVG) , the provider of Internet and mobile security to 146 million active users, today announced its latest versions of AVG AntiVirus products for Android smartphones and tablets. Versions 3.1 of AVG AntiVirus FREE and PRO for both device types are now available for download from Google Play.
Aimed at offering the best protection possible for mobile devices combined with a real ease of use, a number of new features and enhancements can be found within each of the updated products:
- Both versions of AntiVirus FREE and PRO for Android Tablets (3.1.2) have a completely new user interface, with simplified menus, screens and settings adding to the products' look and feel and improving the ease of navigation.
- AVG AntiVirus FREE and PRO for Android™ both now include a Call & SMS Blocker feature which lets the user filter unwanted calls and text messages by building their own customized "black and white" phone lists. Using these lists, the user can set their mobile device to automatically reject incoming calls and text messages from certain numbers. Instead of ringing through, calls will be rejected, sent an SMS auto reply or switched to silent.
"Our customers are increasingly telling us that so much of their daily lives are now connected with their mobile devices, so we recognize the importance of constantly improving the protection available to them," said Omri Sigelman, VP of Mobile Sales for AVG Technologies. "With a range of different options available to customers we are showing that device protection needn't cost more than the device it is on or be overly complicated. No matter the budget, the main thing is that our customers feel confident that their devices will be able to support them in their busy digital lives."
Learn more about AVG AntiVirus FREE for Android™
About AVG Technologies
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 146 million active users as of December 31, 2012 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software.
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America Netherlands California Spain
The article AVG Technologies Steps Up Device Security with Latest AntiVirus Products originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.