5 Ways Rich People Think Differently From the Rest of Us
byFeb 23rd 2013 5:00AM
After three decades of interviewing self-made rich people, Steve Siebold, author of "How Rich People Think," has come to the conclusion that well-to-do people have views about money that are "polar opposite" to those that middle-class people hold.
Siebold's book reveals 100 differences between middle-class people and self-made millionaires. We asked him to share some ways that rich people think differently than those of us with less money in the bank.
Here are five examples:
- 1. The middle class focuses on saving. The wealthy focus on earning.
- 2. The middle class sees starting your own business as risky. The wealthy see starting a business as the road to wealth.
- 3. The middle class sees money through the eyes of emotion. The wealthy see money through the eyes of logic.
- 4. The middle class has loosely defined goals with flexible deadlines. The wealthy have firm goals with "do or die" deadlines.
- 5. The middle class lives beyond their means. The wealthy live below their means.
- Think like a prosperous person
- Get More From Motley Fool
Michele Lerner is a Motley Fool contributing writer.