Interxion to Build New Data Centre in Stockholm and Expand Data Centres in Frankfurt and Copenhagen
AMSTERDAM--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- INTERXION HOLDING N.V. (NYS: INXN) , a leading European provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services, today announced the construction of its second data centre in Stockholm ("STO 2") and expansions to its Frankfurt 6 data centre ("FRA 6.3") and Copenhagen 1 data centre ("CPH1"). These builds are part of the company's disciplined expansion approach to meet customer demand across its pan-European footprint.
- Interxion is constructing its second data centre in Stockholm (STO 2) in two phases, each providing 500 square metres of equipped space. The first 500 square metre phase is scheduled to be operational in the second quarter of 2013 and Interxion has secured 2MW of customer available power to support the first phase.
- Interxion is expanding its CPH 1 data centre to meet the needs of the Danish market. The remotely tethered expansion will provide 300 square metres of equipped space and is scheduled to be operational in the second quarter of 2013.
The capital expenditures associated with STO 2 and CPH 1 will total approximately €17 million.
"As a leader in the Scandinavian market, Interxion is expanding its capacity to meet the needs of the marketplace," said David Ruberg, Interxion's Chief Executive Officer. "Interxion has seen strong growth in the Stockholm market, primarily driven by our communities of interest. We have expanded our Stockholm data centre twice in the past 18 months and continue to see strong demand in Stockholm. STO 2 will provide critical equipped space to meet our customers' expansion requirements."
- Interxion is expanding its FRA 6 data centre by 600 square metres of equipped space and will access existing customer power, with additional power available for a subsequent power expansion. FRA 6.3 is scheduled to be operational in the first quarter of 2013. Capital expenditures associated with FRA 6.3 are approximately €5 million.
"Demand for Interxion's Frankfurt campus, the best-connected data center campus in Europe, remains strong," continued Ruberg. "Fill rates for Frankfurt 7 have met our expectations and FRA 6.3 will provide additional equipped space to meet the demands we see in the marketplace."
Interxion is also providing updates on the status of its previously announced construction projects:
- AMS 5.4 (Amsterdam): 1,000 square metres were opened in Q4 2012.
- ZUR 1.3 (Zurich): 600 square metres were opened in Q4 2012.
- LON 2 (London): The final 400 square metres were opened in Q1 2013.
- MAD 2 (Madrid): 200 square metres were opened in 4Q 2012 due to customer demand for early opening. The remaining 600 square metres are scheduled to open in 1Q 2013.
- PAR 7 (Paris): The remaining 2,500 square metres are scheduled to open by the end of Q1 2013.
Interxion (NYS: INXN) is a leading provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services in Europe, serving over 1,200 customers through 33 data centres in 11 European countries. Interxion's uniformly designed, energy-efficient data centres offer customers extensive security and uptime for their mission-critical applications. With connectivity provided by more than 400 carriers and ISPs and 18 European Internet exchanges across its footprint, Interxion has created content cloud, and connectivity hubs that foster growing customer communities of interest. For more information, please visit www.interxion.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the difficulty of reducing operating expenses in the short term, inability to utilise the capacity of newly planned data centres and data centre expansions, construction delays with respect to newly planned data centres and data centre expansions, significant competition, the cost and supply of electrical power, data centre industry over-capacity, performance under service level agreements and other risks described from time to time in Interxion's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Estimates of capital expenditures and equipped space are approximate and may change. Capital expenditures reflect the total for the listed project at full power and capacity and may not be all invested in the current year. Interxion does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Jim Huseby, +1-813-644-9399
VP - Investor Relations
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America Netherlands Denmark Florida Germany Sweden
The article Interxion to Build New Data Centre in Stockholm and Expand Data Centres in Frankfurt and Copenhagen originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.