American Express Syncs with Twitter to Unlock the Purchasing Power of the #Hashtag
Cardmembers Can Now Tweet #Hashtags to Buy Products on Twitter
Specially-Priced American Express Gift Cards and Products from Amazon, Sony, Urban Zen and Xbox on Sale Starting this Week
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- American Express today announces a new social commerce experience that turns Twitter #hashtags into purchases in a unique and seamless way. American Express Cardmembers who sync their eligible Cards at sync.americanexpress.com/twitter and tweet special #hashtags can buy American Express Gift Cards and products from Amazon, Sony, Urban Zen and Xbox 360. American Express' proprietary Card Sync technology powers the experience. Card Sync first launched on Twitter last March to deliver couponless savings to Cardmembers who tweet special offer #hashtags from merchants.
The $25 American Express Gift Card can be purchased using a synced American Express Card starting today for only $15 by tweeting #BuyAmexGiftCard25 (quantities limited, offer expires 3/3/13, limit one per Cardmember). The remaining catalog of products goes on sale Wednesday, February 13 at noon, EST, when the full list of special product #hashtags will be released and highlighted as "favorites" on the @AmericanExpress Twitter page. Cardmembers can sync their Cards in advance by visiting sync.americanexpress.com/twitter.
"Based on the initial success of Amex Sync for offers, we know there is significant power in combining our assets with Twitter's platform to bring value to Cardmembers and merchants," said Leslie Berland, Senior Vice President, Digital Partnerships and Development at American Express. "Now, we're leveraging our unique technology and closed-loop network to introduce a seamless solution that redefines what's possible in the world of social commerce."
How to Sync to Buy Products on Twitter:
American Express Cardmembers can sync their eligible Cards with Twitter to purchase products and access content, offers and more. Cardmembers already synced with Twitter for offers need to add a few more details, including their billing address, for product shipment.
To get started:
- Sync your eligible Card at sync.americanexpress.com/twitter.
- Cardmembers tweet special product #hashtags for the product they want to purchase with their synced Card.
- Cardmembers then check their Twitter mentions in the @ Connect tab (https://twitter.com/i/connect) for a response from @AmexSync containing a confirmation #hashtag. Tweet the confirmation #hashtag within 15 minutes of the response from @AmexSync to confirm the purchase.
- All products will be shipped to the Cardmember's billing address via free 2-day shipping, courtesy of American Express.
Cardmembers can purchase the below specially-priced products beginning Wednesday, February 13 at noon EST, when the full list of product #hashtags will be released and highlighted as "favorites" on the @AmericanExpress Twitter page.
- $25 American Express Gift Card: $15.00.
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD: $149.99 plus tax.
- Sony Action Cam & Waterproof Headband Mount: $179.99 plus tax.
- Urban Zen Bracelet Designed by Donna Karan: $80.00 plus tax.
- Xbox 360 4GB console with a 3-month Xbox LIVE Subscription and 2 game tokens: $179.99 plus tax.
- Xbox Controller: $29.99 plus tax.
(quantities limited, offer expires 3/3/13 or until sold out).
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Bradley Minor, 347-205-0259
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article American Express Syncs with Twitter to Unlock the Purchasing Power of the #Hashtag originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.